Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im 49 and notice my flow is weak. Been going more than usual.
Anyone have this ultra annoying issue?

·
Want to play a game?
4,522 Posts
You should go see a Urologist. It could be anything. Oh...and be prepared :laughing:
I'm guessing this means many things about a man's front side can be found out by entering from the back side. :eek: :whistling:

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I had the exam, not bad at all. He said its " slightly enlarged" which is normal/ to be expected at my age. Psa is good and nothing felt suspicious.
He said i can try flomax but doesnt think my problem is that bad.
I dont particularly enjoy looking for a bathroom every 2 hours though.
One thing, the exam does not hurt at all and for you guys past 45, you are crazy not getting your prostate checked yearly.
If prostate cancer is found early, its extremely easy to cure.

·
Registered
7,079 Posts
I take Saw Palmetto. It seems to help because if I run out and don't buy it for a week or so I start getting up more than once during the night.

If you use it, make sure you get the "standardized" stuff. It guarantees you are getting a specific strength each and every time. Just taking the straight herb and you never know what the strength is from one pill to the other.

Once you start taking it it takes about a month or two before you notice it working.

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
Does the saw palmetto make it difficult for you to sleep? I have heard that is one of the side effects of the Saw Palmetto?

In regards to the Flomax question: Flomax has interesting side effects. May or may not be beneficial, depending on your wife's point of view.

·
Registered
7,079 Posts
Does the saw palmetto make it difficult for you to sleep? I have heard that is one of the side effects of the Saw Palmetto?

In regards to the Flomax question: Flomax has interesting side effects. May or may not be beneficial, depending on your wife's point of view.

No sleep problems with saw palmetto, but the wife's snoring is another issue.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

The dry thing ???, where nothing comes out??? No... Rapaflo, a similar drug can have that effect.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts