Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Particulate Filter
4,430 Posts
"Like other water-base primers, Smart Prime effectively seals all oil-soluble stains like grease, crayon, tar and asphalt, so projects can be completed with just one primer. A superior all-purpose, all-surface interior/exterior primer, it also offers fast dry time, exterior flexibility and soap and water clean up in a low odor, low VOC formula."

I have never found a water based primer that sealed crayon or grease. Sometimes oil won't even do it. Especially in old kitchens by the oven.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Three things I have never seen a water based primer do, seal water stains, seal pen / marker , and seal cigarette smoke damage. Can it do these? I will try it.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I bought some today, They renamed it already, its called 123"plus" now. Gonna see how it does. Customer just went through chemo and complained about the oil smell coming into the house even with the windows closed. So hope this is it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Zinssers 123

I LOVE THIS STUFF TOO. The only problem I have had is making sure the crew puts the right zinsser on the correct wall finish. there is an interior, and, an interior/exterior. The interior does a good job on any flat wall surface, but if you use the int/ext on a flat surface to prime a patch it will flash like crazy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts