Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Pro
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am thinking about signing on with Yelp. They want $300.00/month with a 12 month contract or $325.00/month for a 6 month contract. I am leary because I hate contracts. A buddy of mine has a muffler shop and he loves the results he's had. I am tring to convince them to do a monthly contract so I can test drive their service.

Any thoughts out there or anyone with firsthand knowledge?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Not worth it for those specific rates. You can create a free listing or you might already be listed and you can update your listing if you're the business owner. Get some customers to review you on there and google will index those reviews.

·
Pro
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the input. We are listed on Yelp but come up on the 3rd page. My wife has also been working on google and we come up # 1 in the contractors, bathroom remodeling and remodeling for our town.

I will look into the adwords as that may help for other search words (something I'm new at). Is there a way to get to the top in nearby towns? We currently aren't paying anything for google. Would it benefit us to pay for adwords?

Again, thanks for the input.

Greg

·
Registered
57 Posts
Make sure you have this listing filled out as much as possible www.google.com/local/add

Sign up for it if you need to create and account. On the Dashboard screen, look at the right column and scroll to the bottom of it, there are tips there to optimize your google business listing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts