Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a cordless framing nailer for some punch work, I got to frame a door opening and reframe a small gable roof on a shed. I am wondering the Hitachi NR90GR a good choice? the price is right $282.25 at Amazon.com and I think it use round nails for any other framing nailer.

·
Registered
207 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Does your gun ever just "not work" like the paslodes always seem to?

I bought a framing gun and stapler (hitachi) from Reconditioned sales and they were great to deal with. Haven't bought reconditioned yet, or reconditioned "C" have you?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Never a no fire unless the battery is low, has LED that will turn fr. green to red, it does need some priming at the start, as told to me by a their tech.. Depress/release nose a few times to get gas flowing, fan running. Both guns I bought from them were recons. The 15ga has never needed any "priming". That gun is excellent.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Thanks Andrew,
Wonder what the differences are between that one and the new ones. Hopefully Hitachi doesn't go the way of paslode packaging the gas only with nails... Seems unpopular.

·
Registered
207 Posts
As the people at Recon sales. They do not always answer but will call you back. I guess the Hitachi gas is an option. Locally, the Paslode gas is available alone.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts