Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen a couple of contractors with a botton down shirt that has a flap on the back side.

Any one know what this shirt style is called and where I can buy them?

·
The Deck Guy
3,126 Posts
They are fishing shirts.

Columbia makes them as does nearly ever big outdoor store like Cabelas, Gander Mountain, etc...

They are real nice and comfortable because they breath well. The fabric is a light nylon though. Not sure how durable it would be on a job site.

I have several for fishing and never used them for work. Yet.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
They are fishing shirts.

Columbia makes them as does nearly ever big outdoor store like Cabelas, Gander Mountain, etc...

They are real nice and comfortable because they breath well. The fabric is a light nylon though. Not sure how durable it would be on a job site.

I have several for fishing and never used them for work. Yet.
YES!!!!! I LOVE THEM! I don't fish but went on a mission to find them after seeing them on jobsites. Best investment I ever did towards clothing.

To the OP if you kind find them locally you can get them here:

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/s..._625000000_625008000?cmCat=CROSSSELL_HOMEPAGE

I went in to a brick and mortar and bought mine. The columbia is by far the better but as cost was an issue for me I bought 6 of the bass pro brand. They ran $20 at the time but I got them on sale for $15.

I have seen some at Sports Authority but they had a crappy selection.

·
Project Manager HFH..
3,711 Posts
I don't get it.What makes them so nice?
Convince me,I need an excuse to drive out to the Bass Pro Shops store in Rancho Cucamunga...

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
I don't get it.What makes them so nice?
Convince me,I need an excuse to drive out to the Bass Pro Shops store in Rancho Cucamunga...
In Florida summer fells like it's always 100 degress and 100% humidity.
These shirts with the material and vented back make it feel like 90/90 LOL

Seriously they're very comfortable hot as F:censored:K is hot as F:censored:K these just make it a little more berable.

Only prob I have is they're button up. I prefer polo style but I feel the trade out was worth it.

Fashion talk .com rates them at an 8 out of 10.:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
Retired deck builder
6,318 Posts
Those fishing shirts make great work shirts. After watching so many of them collecting dust in my closet I have started wearing some to work, nice!
Not only to the keep you feeling a little cooler they also dry fast if you get a shower pass thru.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
I went on a mission to get some for casual afterwork shirts. Like florida its hot here and I hate sweating when I'm out and and about.

I wear Polo's at work as I am afraid of screwing up the Colombia shirts. The ones I got are the PFG which I think stands for Profesional Fishing Guide.

Funny thing is I dont wear them fishing either. I wear loose long sleave white T's

Cheers Jim

1 - 20 of 30 Posts