Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Need to know what the rules were for buried electrical wire back in Dec 2002-Jan 2003. Anyone know where to find them?

Specifically, what was the minimum depth to bury a cable (10-3 w/g UF-B) in a residential application (not under a driveway)?

·
Fentoozler
5,623 Posts
T300.5 hasn't changed since at least 1999 [the last year I have an NEC on computer for].

Why are you looking for IRC codes?

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Perhaps I'm thinking of the wrong code (which may be why I couldn't find anything by googling...).

I just presumed because the work was for a residential application, that the IRC was proper.

If this ( link ) is the correct code... Does my application fall under Column 1, 3 or 4? (I presume I read accross from "All locations not specified below")

·
Fentoozler
5,623 Posts
If this ( link ) is the correct code...
That says "2007 California Electrical Code" on the bottom.

I don't know what the heck that means ????
The NEC comes out every 3 years , ie, '99, '02, '05, '08 ~ ,,,ummm, no '07.

You're also in Ky ???

Do yourself a favor and VIEW the NEC here:
NFPA 70: National Electrical Code®

While having the NEC readily available [whether on the computer, internet or hard copy]...one little item may be missing ~ the amended version that the State/jurisdiction has adopted.

I'm curious as to what the investigation is all about

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Celtic said:

I'm curious as to what the investigation is all about
I'd like to get an inspection sticker on some work I did on my own home back then. Getting called to Iraq in '03 kind of distracted me from getting the inspections done at the time. I never got around to it after I got back, but since work is slow right now, I have time to clean up loose ends.

I don't want to have to dig up the cable. So if 18" is sufficient, I'm good. If 24" is required... I won't be happy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts