Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently started researching some new types of Laminate styles. A consumer report rated Kronotex Swiftlock from Lowes fairly high, but their rating scale was for wear, not for ease of installation or the connection mechanism.

Kronotex states that the Dynamic clic2clic sold outside of Lowes is equivalent to the Lowes line (Swiftlock).

Anyone have experience or know about either line (swiftlock or dynamic clic2clic)?

·
Flooring Guru
2,794 Posts
all I know is that if you are looking for the most durable lam out there...the big box stores do not have it.
not saying it's crap.....just not the most of anything...

·
Doer of Many Things!!!
837 Posts
I'll say it then. Kronotex is crap. I've seen so many shoddy products form this company it's ridiculous. Swiftlock use to be an Armstrong trademark until Lowes somehow managed to take control of the name. Now that Kronotex makes if I've heard no end of complaints on it. Stay away from Formica laminate as well, which is also Kronotex. If you want want of the best laminates out there, look at Wilsonart.

·
Starving Tile Artist
1,216 Posts
The plant that makes it is 10 miles from my house. To be honest i know the product well and know the people that make it. It's crap!!!

·
Flooring Guru
2,794 Posts
Swiftlock use to be an Armstrong trademark until Lowes somehow managed to take control of the name.
they bought it from Armstrong.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I install swiftlock regularly. I do not share the opinion that it is crap, but it is certainly not exceptional. In my experience, Kronotex/ Swiftlock is mediocre. It goes together well. Most of the chipping I have encountered has been the fault of overzealous forklift drivers.
As for the question you did not ask: I have not installed Wilsonart for quite awhile, but it used to be my top choice.

·
Flooring Guru
2,794 Posts
That's not what the Armstrong rep told me. Maybe they technically bough it, but according to him it was more like flat out theft. Some kind of legal loophole allowed them to buy it when Armstrong really didn't want to sell it at all.
Well to be honest I am not as positive as I would like to say I am.
I have seen thefts of locking systems, and there is litigation every time.
If they stole it, then who better to go into litigation with than HD.
If Armstrong allowed a loophole, then that's their bad.
gotta watch for that kind of stuff.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts