Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since my big move to pittsburgh I've been thinking about going in the plumbing union and see they are going to be accepting apps soon. If anyone is in here and can give me Some insight and advice it would be much appreciated

·
Registered
669 Posts
Welcome! I have lived in the "burgh" all my life, 50+ years! Just a question or two?
When did you enter the "burgh zone", are you a Steeler fan/Pirate/or Penguin? Then have ya been to Pirmaniti"s (sp?)yet? Just some things that us need to know, or we can say "yinze" DID I SPELL THAT RIGHT! only a burgh would know! LOL

As per the union, I have a close friend in it, I HAVE no help here for ya! That will be a call for you to do, try it, see what happens there! It is a "hit and miss!" from what I have heard!

And what the hell does UA 27 mean/info to?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Moved down here in august from about 2 hours north east. Damn women haha... Things are done a little more different than what us more rural folk are used to and I'm tired of remodeling just want to concentrate on plumbing. I'm a steeler and pens fan not much into baseball and I love primantis problem is I'm worthless after I walk in there I always get put into a food coma! Still getting used to not being able to just shoot the raccoon coming in my yard and can't really just walk out and piss off the porch when I feel like it other than that city life isn't to bad

·
Capra Aegagrus
Remodeler
25,225 Posts
Dave, ever get up around Slipper' Rock? Grew up there in the '50/60's. Carried my lunch in a poke and drank pop when I could get it.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Tinstaafl, Do ya mean "slimmie pebble?" Drive through there most every time we go to camp! Get off 79 take the "pee" route through town, for a few, up RT 8 through Harrisville, (sheetz), back on 80 east to camp! EarthQuakens, where are ya in the Clarion area?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I'm in greentree in pittsburgh now but from a little piss hole town a little south of 66 right by the redbank creek

·
Registered
669 Posts
Now we can piss in the wind! My camp is in Limestone, on 66, N/B, Distant? Where the pheasant farm is area? I know lots of the area, back roads, spotting deer, etc. in the area! BEER was not involved! LOL We might know some of the same folks! They all know each other up there in that area! Just a question? south of 66? it runs north and south, that is why I am asking. I have fished in Redbank creek, YEARS back, by the dam in town of New Bethlehem! sp?. Let me know!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah I hail from just outside of new Bethlehem on the other side of Distant. went to Highschool at redbank valley. So I know all that area very well

1 - 12 of 12 Posts