Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

Anyone having any issues with the makita 2705?

6K views 28 replies 7 participants last post by  The Coastal Craftsman 
#1 ·
I have a makita 2708 at the moment and im limited to 2 inches thickness.
I had 10 inch dewalt but the motor cooked within a year or two:mad:
Any luck with makita's latest offering?

#15 ·
Aint cheap and its not available in the NA market but cant be purchased and shipped here. I think i have

How?
Is is it faster to set up and break down?
Does it have greater depth of cut capacity?
Does it have a greater width of cut capacity?
Is the fence more precise, that is quick repeatable accuracy?

Just curious how the CMS blows the DW away in saw format?
It takes up less room than the dewalt when stored, its lighter, it has a stand built in, The fence is very precise. has a dial you turn to get fractions of an inch adjustment, has much larger table area. has outfeed table, Has a sliding table, TS can be released to be used as a track saw, has better dust collection, Has speed control, fast for repeatable cuts, has almost double the width of cut capacity.

I think the only thing it falls short on is depth of cut. compared to my 10" table saw it has about 1/4" less capacity. I aint ever cut more than 2" on it though so that extra 1/4" wouldn't help me out much. i think the TS75 goes upto 2-3/4"

I would say that they are pretty much the same for setup and break down. the festool would be much faster if you had to go up any stairs though as the stand is built in.

I think its pretty funny of dewalt to say worlds most advanced jobsite saw. Im not seeing whats so advanced about it.

#18 ·
Brian Peters said:
BC.. how does the TS 75 compare power wise?
Good question. Hard to give a comparison on that. Comparing the 13amp ts75 to the 15amp Makita and Bosch I had I would say the TS75 cuts much better but the TS75 uses a smaller thinner kerf blade than the 10" saws do so its not really a fair comparison. It's never bogged down once yet.

#20 ·
Brian Peters said:
That's good to know... the reason I asked was because of the lower amps. I haven't got a tracksaw yet, now I'm wondering if it would be worth getting the 75 over the 55 so when the table kit becomes available here...I think you get what I'm thinking.
The 55 does most stuff well. I didn't want to have to charge out the track saw unless I was doing bigger material so bought the 75 to leave in it.

Don't ever count on it being sold in the US. My rep told me it won't ever be coming here.

#28 ·
BCConstruction said:
You may also want the fence, out feed table and extension table. They ain't needed by makes it much more capable.
Yeah I definitely would want the whole kit. I found a vendor in Germany for the insert. 450 but I'm waiting on a shipping quote ::eek::

Do you use your mft as an outfeed?

May have to make some friends in the UK to send it over as a gift :)

Edit: oops thought this was the festool thread. Sorry to derail it.

#29 ·
David7586 said:
Yeah I definitely would want the whole kit. I found a vendor in Germany for the insert. 450 but I'm waiting on a shipping quote ::eek:: Do you use your mft as an outfeed? May have to make some friends in the UK to send it over as a gift :) Edit: oops thought this was the festool thread. Sorry to derail it.
You could use the MFT as one but I have used my kapex ug stands as extended out feeds.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.