Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Aint cheap and its not available in the NA market but cant be purchased and shipped here. I think i have

It takes up less room than the dewalt when stored, its lighter, it has a stand built in, The fence is very precise. has a dial you turn to get fractions of an inch adjustment, has much larger table area. has outfeed table, Has a sliding table, TS can be released to be used as a track saw, has better dust collection, Has speed control, fast for repeatable cuts, has almost double the width of cut capacity.

I think the only thing it falls short on is depth of cut. compared to my 10" table saw it has about 1/4" less capacity. I aint ever cut more than 2" on it though so that extra 1/4" wouldn't help me out much. i think the TS75 goes upto 2-3/4"

I would say that they are pretty much the same for setup and break down. the festool would be much faster if you had to go up any stairs though as the stand is built in.

I think its pretty funny of dewalt to say worlds most advanced jobsite saw. Im not seeing whats so advanced about it.
The price blows me away but its a festool.
Dewalt may win the best bang for your buck but definately not the most advanced. Their customer service is horrible around here:laughing:

·
Registered
16,403 Posts
The price blows me away but its a festool.
Dewalt may win the best bang for your buck but definately not the most advanced. Their customer service is horrible around here:laughing:
The other thing is its a router table too. I completely forgot about that bit lol

But yeah importing the extra bits to turn it into a table saw aint cheap when converting the USD to the GBP. Plus you will end up buying a second TS to put into it. Very cool bit of kit though.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Oh man now i gotta get some serious TBA help now:blink:
Ive been looking for a nice set up with a router table and table saw in one.
But i enjoy living indoors so ill hold off on that pruchase:laughing:

·
Registered
159 Posts
BCConstruction said:
But yeah importing the extra bits to turn it into a table saw aint cheap when converting the USD to the GBP. Plus you will end up buying a second TS to put into it. Very cool bit of kit though.
How were you able to get the CMS attachment for the TS75? NAINA stuff just makes me want to get it more...

·
Registered
159 Posts
BCConstruction said:
You may also want the fence, out feed table and extension table. They ain't needed by makes it much more capable.
Yeah I definitely would want the whole kit. I found a vendor in Germany for the insert. 450 but I'm waiting on a shipping quote ::eek::

Do you use your mft as an outfeed?

May have to make some friends in the UK to send it over as a gift :)

Edit: oops thought this was the festool thread. Sorry to derail it.

·
Registered
16,403 Posts
David7586 said:
Yeah I definitely would want the whole kit. I found a vendor in Germany for the insert. 450 but I'm waiting on a shipping quote ::eek:: Do you use your mft as an outfeed? May have to make some friends in the UK to send it over as a gift :) Edit: oops thought this was the festool thread. Sorry to derail it.
You could use the MFT as one but I have used my kapex ug stands as extended out feeds.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts