Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I am trying to get some information about entering the SAM (system for award management) system and bidding on Government projects...

Is anyone here familiar with this online system? any tips on how to approach and complete their SBA application?

Any info/comment in the right direction will be helpful.

Thanks guys

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Hi Everyone,

I am trying to get some information about entering the SAM (system for award management) system and bidding on Government projects...

Is anyone here familiar with this online system? any tips on how to approach and complete their SBA application?

Any info/comment in the right direction will be helpful.

Thanks guys
Befote waste alot of energy ,time and money visit Fedbizopps.gov and search for opportunities in your area that you are interested in.

See what has been awarded when and where..and the likelihood you can obtain these bids..there is alot of protocol ,politics and dare i say favoritism.

I found out the hardway

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your input, After checking the website, I now understand better what its all about.

Being that you are in business for long time, do you know of any good source/s to get leads/bids that is actually requiring the contractor to be licensed and bonded vs competing with bunch of crackheads that will do any work for $0.50 sq/f ???

We are just trying to expand our data base and seek new avenues and places we can set our foot through the door. I assume like everyone else!!

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Depends what you are seeking whether commercial/residential etc.

you're in Beverly Hills.
do you have a store front? if Not my best guess would be to GET ONE!..nothing can be better then local advertising, Billboards, signs and showroom in a place like that..

·
Paul
4,120 Posts
Depends what you are seeking whether commercial/residential etc.

you're in Beverly Hills.
do you have a store front? if Not my best guess would be to GET ONE!..nothing can be better then local advertising, Billboards, signs and showroom in a place like that..
Actually in a place like that, nothing can beat word of mouth. Get one or two stupidly wealthy people to trust and like you and you're passed on to 6 more. It's like that here in the million+ gated communities.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Paul,

Its funny you chose to answer my post... I read your posts many times before registering to this forum.. just a quick note :)

While I agree that there is nothing like word of mouth, we decided to stop chasing the Residential bidding war for few pennies here and there against other flooring crackheads running around without supervision lol. We are trying to bid Gov/State work and some prevailing wage jobs and focus on commercial work only. It looks like for us its working out better. That was the original topic of my post.

Thank you for the input, much appreciated !!

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Join your local builders exchange. Some generals use the BX to line up subs, or at least get bids from them. If you want to do government work, get ready to hurry up and wait a long time to get paid.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Hi Paul,

Its funny you chose to answer my post... I read your posts many times before registering to this forum.. just a quick note :)

While I agree that there is nothing like word of mouth, we decided to stop chasing the Residential bidding war for few pennies here and there against other flooring crackheads running around without supervision lol. We are trying to bid Gov/State work and some prevailing wage jobs and focus on commercial work only. It looks like for us its working out better. That was the original topic of my post.

Thank you for the input, much appreciated !!
elitepro.net may be fore you if they service your area
CSI Leads another..

all commercial..

there is no silver bullet...I find myself booked out 3-4 weeks at a clip by word of mouth not having to bid nothing to chasing BS like now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts