Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at buying one of these machines and was hoping to get some feedback on what people think of it. The machine I have now they'll give me a trade in of $5,000 for it and the new machine is going to cost me approx. $18,000 with 2 different profiles, the work station and the hydralic coil lift.

I'm thinking that being able to offer multiple profiles may give me the edge on the market where I live because there is nobody else around that offers it currently. $13,000 is a lot of money to invest in something I'm unsure of though, so any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
7,185 Posts
What are the benefits, besides a different look to the profile that a consumer could consider to be of value from purchasing that style of gutter versus the common style?

Would there be a cost difference?

Does it use the same girth of material stock as a standard 5" of 6" ogee?

Ed

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They are $16,500 CDN now and they come with the 2 step profile and they are offering me an extra profile for $1250.

ED,
The machine can be setup with whatever size of material you want. I'm having it setup with a 13.5" width, which is what we use in a standard fascia gutter machine. The only other real benefit to the machine is that it has a hydralic coil lift so you don't have to have 2 guys to load the coils and it has a removable work station for your saw and tools, which could be fabricated fairly easily. The price to the customer is the same as normal. So basically the only benefits to the customer is being able to choose their style.

I know that in the USA there is a lot of business that comes from the K-style (ogee) machines, but in my area those machines are virtually useless. All new homes have design guidelines that require you to install a fascia style gutter on the house.

·
Registered
7,185 Posts
I had to work with a Fascia/Gutter combination on a home last year and got lucky to have seen the product installed a long time ago, like around 20-25 years ago, called OMNI Gutter.

It turned out that the OMNI manufacturing facility was recently acquired by another company and they were eliminating the system from their offerings in the old profile, which I had to find and match for a minor accident that one of my guys had.

Well, the 53 feet of fascia/gutter wound up costing me around 2 thousand dollars in material and labor to install, because it was multiple inside and outside corners all connected together and couldn't splice the new to the old. The material was actually pretty reasonable, like around $3.53 per foot, if I recall.

So, whats different about your desired fascia/gutter profile than the other contractors servicing the area?

Ed

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Instead of me trying to explain the difference, a picture says 1000 words. I haven't made enough posts to be allowed to post the link. nassermachines.com

You can see the difference under profiles and there's pictures on there on the photo gallary, but I don't think the pics match the actual profiles beside it. It'll still give you a better idea then what I can explain. The standard fascia gutter used here is the second profile, also known as a 2-step style.

·
Registered
7,185 Posts
Well, the main point, even though I didn't see the profiles from the link, (I will look them up later), is what is the difference in that machines profiles than what other contractors are offering?

How does that large of an investment justify and differentiate itself from the run-of-the-mill rest of the field of competition?

Ed

·
Registered
7,185 Posts
Here is the place I wound up buying the OMNI Facade from last year and they were eliminating those gutter profile machines from their inventory at that time. so, the profile I worked with is not on their website now, but it was the same as that nasser sites.

http://www.spectrametals.net/

Ed

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well I guess there isn't a lot of other benifits to the customer other then profile. My hopes is that by being able to offer a different profile then anybody else in the area I'd have an edge on the market. It will also run the same profile as all the other machines on the market. I think the profiles this machine runs out is much more attractive then the competitors profile.

I've found a fascia gutter machine that would compare to this one, because this machine will run aluminium, steel and copper. The other machine doesn't run other profiles and is priced at $13,600 USD. So in reallity it's not that much difference in price, if I were to buy it new. But I have seen them used for as low as $10,000 CDN. So I guess part of what I'd have to take into account is that the hydralic lift and work station has to have some value in the price of the machine.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Are you saying that company used to sell a multi-profile machine as well? Or just that they used to sell the fascia style machines?

Were you using aluminium in it? I only ask because $3.53 seems REALLY expensive? I pay approx. $1.65 per foot for aluminium.

·
Registered
7,185 Posts
Are you saying that company used to sell a multi-profile machine as well? Or just that they used to sell the fascia style machines?

Were you using aluminium in it? I only ask because $3.53 seems REALLY expensive? I pay approx. $1.65 per foot for aluminium.
I am going off of memory on the price.

I know that for the entire girth of sheet metal used, I was pleasantly surprised at the nominal price they charged.

I'll see if I can look it up tomorrow.

It was an entire gutter system, with a racked siding like front profile face to it.

Ed

·
http://www.matteoguttersy
10 Posts
I am looking at buying one of these machines and was hoping to get some feedback on what people think of it. The machine I have now they'll give me a trade in of $5,000 for it and the new machine is going to cost me approx. $18,000 with 2 different profiles, the work station and the hydralic coil lift.

I'm thinking that being able to offer multiple profiles may give me the edge on the market where I live because there is nobody else around that offers it currently. $13,000 is a lot of money to invest in something I'm unsure of though, so any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thinking of buying same thing did you pull the trigger on this ? If so hows it going? what you getting a foot?

Ken

http://www.matteoguttersystems.com/

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I did end up buying this machine and it's worked fairly well. The only problem that we've had with it is the jack to lift the coils had broken, haven't had a chance to call and find out about getting it fixed yet though. The machine runs well and the setup of the swing out work station is really nice. Having the different profiles really hasn't made me any more money though. I'm not not honestly sure if I would've spent the extra money on it had I had to do it over again. I probably would've just bought a normal Fascia gutter machine.

Not sure what your market is down there but up here we are getting $4/ft.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am trying to order that swing out workstation from NTM who purchased Nasser. I want to adapt it to my KWM machine but they want a serial number from the "Nasser machine" I'm buying it for. Would you be willing to give me the serial number of your machine so I can order the workstation?

·
water re-locater
7,511 Posts
I am trying to order that swing out workstation from NTM who purchased Nasser. I want to adapt it to my KWM machine but they want a serial number from the "Nasser machine" I'm buying it for. Would you be willing to give me the serial number of your machine so I can order the workstation?

He seems like a good guy. I’m sure he would.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts

Thanks 👍
Not sure if anyone is still here from original post. If so and using the machine, you may be interested in this. I had progressive dies made for my machine. We never used them because I never bought a punch press, and we sold the business 5 years ago. They cost 26,000.00 to have made in three profiles. Asking 15,000 OBO. Would look at interesting trades. 306-331-5700

1 - 20 of 24 Posts