Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, Anybody ever try that compressor/ nail gun set up???? I've always sowern by Emglow and Hitachi for framing anything. But I always have to fiddle with set ups to maxamize pressure. You get two guys blasting off sheathing and nothing can keep up. Anyway I was down at one of my local lumber yards and they had this Max Air 450psi compressor and framer set up. Thing is small and pricey. Also don't like the fact that you have to use high pressure hoses$$$$$$. I was just curious to see if anybody has a review for me. I like the fact that it could potentially keep up with jobsite pressure demands. I don't like the price or how specialized that it is i.e. parts and availabilty. Nor do I like the idea of firing into a knot and having a nail at 450psi deflecting near my hands,feet,etc (we've all done that). Anybody ever tried one out?? Is there any more upside than power and size??? right now the nays seem to have it.

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Sounds completely stupid to me. A disaster waiting for a place to happen.
This looks like a hoax.
Max air makes SCUBA compressors and 450 PSI is just the tip of the iceburg. Your average tank today is 3,000 PSI. The first stage regulator takes it down to 125 PSI. I run a variety of air tools underwater as part of my marine business.

·
Registered
81 Posts
wouldn't you want 150psi or so and a higher cfm? Personaly I don't use a compressor set up i'm just a one man show and run with paslode , but dosn't a larger storage tank or a higher cfm comperssor make more sense than higher psi?
Dan

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
saw, you are 100% correct. 100 PSI at any flow rate can be regulated, I do it about once a month. Pneumatic installations is one of my specialties.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts