Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's a running joke in our area amoung some of my peers and many of my subs that when the little ole lady brings you out a plate of cookies....your not getting paid or they will try to talk you down on the bill. So whenever cookies are mentioned I've instinctively learned not to accept one for fear of not getting paid-I'd run away as fast as I could, but then they'd think I was crazy.

Anybody else have cookie problems...they're kinda like a warning system which I'm glad is in place, but sometimes it'd be nice once again to try a home made cookie and not worry about getting paid.

Is there any programs/support groups for people with "cookie phobia's"?

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LMAO!!! That's too much LOL! ...envisioning Fat Bastard from Austin Powers singing the Chilies baby back ribs jingle

·
Registered
386 Posts
LOL !!!
I instruct my crew "Not to Accept ANYTHING !!!"
To Always be respectful and courteous to homeowners at the job, but to graciously decline. Our crew has water to drink and I will always supply a jobsite toilet as needed.
Cookies and whatever can be a "Dangerous" area. Dont Go There.

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
You Yankees really suffer from some sort of paranoia. Down here, iced tea and lunches are considered gracious behavior and readily accepted. To do otherwise would be gauche.
I'm glad I live in the land of cotton,
Old times here are not forgotton...........

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Teetorbilt said:
You Yankees really suffer from some sort of paranoia. Down here, iced tea and lunches are considered gracious behavior and readily accepted. To do otherwise would be gauche.
I'm glad I live in the land of cotton,
Old times here are not forgotton...........
Back when I was subbing I never thought twice about ******* being offered, coffee, pop, ice water, heck I even had an older gal wrap up 2 plates of roast beef, mashed potatoes and corn to take for my then girlfreind now wife. Back then it was all good, I did good work got along great with 90% of the customers and got paid from the general. Now that I'm the head cheese and found out these lil ole ladies offering food products are actually the devils helpers!!!

I see food being offered....I'm outta there cuz I aint gett'n paid!!! LOL

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Never,ever drink on site. It's bad PR and may negate your ins.

·
Registered
48 Posts
You guys are so funny..Im glad im alone, it would not look good me sitting infront of this computer lol...This is better then Jerry Springer. ;) Keep the funnies coming.
Sherry

1 - 10 of 10 Posts