Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Goin' Down in Flames....
Highwayman
5,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is driving me nuts. I can't remember what we called the boards for tying down pallets on flats. I think we called them "V-Boards", or "Shooter Boards", or something like that.

I tried Google and truckersreport.com, and no luck.

They are 2 1x6's, layed parallel about 6" apart, and connected with a short piece of nylon strap. They are to keep the tie-downs from crushing the product on the pallet.

Delta

·
Goin' Down in Flames....
Highwayman
5,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
glad you figured it out...... IDK I'm not a real truck driver but I did drive a 2 story -****- house with a tanker for a few years for the local dirt track. Nothing like a tanker truck on high banked dirt track after 10 or 15 beers. Used to scare the girlfriends all the time.

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
I owned 3 flat beds in the 90's, and we called them knee boards. The reasoning I am sure because they bent like a knee would? Never thought about it. I made several, and used old straps to make the "hinge".

Now...how funny is that? In our trade, the boards we used to get on concrete when wet and finish are knee boards, but I remember right away what they are in trucking. Or rather flatbedding..

·
Goin' Down in Flames....
Highwayman
5,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I owned 3 flat beds in the 90's, and we called them knee boards. The reasoning I am sure because they bent like a knee would? Never thought about it. I made several, and used old straps to make the "hinge".

Now...how funny is that? In our trade, the boards we used to get on concrete when wet and finish are knee boards, but I remember right away what they are in trucking. Or rather flatbedding..
Daggummit, Jay, I think that's it. :clap:

That's been bothering me for months. I know the official name is Vee-Board, but I knew we had another name for them.

Thanks,

Delta

1 - 8 of 8 Posts