Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just last week, I was reading about how Scientology as a business philosophy being implemented over the course of many years at AllState Insurance Company.

Those that didn't drink the Ron L. Hubbard stirred Kool-aide were outcasts in their own little corporate cliques.

Is anyone else aware of this Cultish sounding training method?

Ed

·
Registered
7,185 Posts

·
Curmudgeon
11,706 Posts
Look who's here! :whistling

:laughing:

·
Builder/Remodeler
3,805 Posts
You can make the same analogy to programs like Amway and Shaklee. They "love bomb" you into the program by surrounding you with positive people telling you how special you are (and how much money you'll make with them.)

Gradually you are indoctrinated into their philosophy which is usually very "Us vs. Them".

"Your family and friends will hold you back! They don't understand the program... don't listen to them. You'll make tons of money--just buy this distributor kit..."

I laugh thinking back at the few guys I've known who were members of similar programs... telling me about their "product knowledge meetings"--which essentially involved showing up to unload truckloads of their stuff. :laughing: (non-paid, no less).

Everyone dreams about being a "Double Diamond"... :laughing:

·
Registered
3,499 Posts
I have always been really envious of people like David Koresch and Jim Jones, how did they get all those people to do what they did?

·
Registered
563 Posts
I have always been really envious of people like David Koresch and Jim Jones, how did they get all those people to do what they did?
Tell the people what they want to hear.

(and if they don't listen...pour the Kool-aid down their throats...)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts