Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just checking in to see if there are any real Union Ironworkers around here?? If so, Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ranny,local 395, Hammond Indiana

·
Registered
21 Posts
JIW,
Hello there. I am not an I/W but I hire them.
How is the out of work list look in your area? Ours is looooong.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
starting to pick up, the mills are starting to spend some money getting their furnaces up and running....Where you from/area?
hire I/W to do? {besides ironwork}

·
Registered
21 Posts
Local 86 and 751

Specialty steel erection and rigging is the game, ELR is the name.
Small, small business in the west.
-Bridge/overhead cranes is the bread and butter.
-Specialty iron erection for TI, capital improvements, industrial contracting installations.
-Specialty rigging and installation. "how are we going to get this in there" is the first question asked by customers before they call us.
Long list of crane service companies, heavy haul and machinery movers are our partners.
-100% union Iron Workers and Millwrights (getting harder to find good MW's). Most of which are retired and can work 39 hours per month. With all the rich depth of experience, the nitche is the tough stuff.
-Low overhead keeps us competetive with non union outfits.
-Survive on repeat business. Even Alaska.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Just checking in to see if there are any real Union Ironworkers around here?? If so, Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ranny,local 395, Hammond Indiana
So the Merit shop ironworkers and rest of the world don't deserve your holiday wishes? How festive. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Local #395 is the best in the business! Are there any real ironworkers around here. Really,you must not know where you are.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts