Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i am just wondering before i started my own company i worked for a chambless roofing the owner after we got done with a big job said he sure would like to give us a bonus but there was no money left over not more than 2 minutes passed and he said oh by the way look what i just bought my wife a brand new suburban what a joke just threw it in our face also he would buy some race car part and make every one wait for there checks he was one of those people who paid by the day so when 5:30 rolled around he would say i aint quiten time i pay by the day 1 more question we all worked for him for 2 years every day but never took taxes out said we were subs but we wern't is that illegal well let me know if any one else ever had a boss like that thanks...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Lescut, the scenario that you just spelled out is pretty common in Florida, we have high W/C rates and the lowlife think that they are going to fool the world with their shady bookkeeping, it may work for a while, but those folks usually end up on the short end of the stick.

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
I live just down the street from darryl and unfortunately more make it than get caught, kind of like a once in a liftime bank robbery. Many years ago I worked for one that made it, flipped everything into property and bugged out. He's a multi-millionare now and they say that crime doesn't pay.
Most of the crooks that I know of got busted for being too greedy and didn't pay their sales tax. Evidently you can get by screwing people as long as you don't stick it to the gov't.

·
Commercial Roofing
1,220 Posts
It is very illegal. Call the IRS. They might like to meet with him on this issue. Also, tell him to learn how to price and sell a job, for chit's sake.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
AaronB. said:
Call the IRS. They might like to meet with him on this issue.
:Thumbs: :Thumbs: :Thumbs:

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
The last that I knew, the IRS was offering rewards for these guys. I think that it was 10% of whatever they were found to owe.

·
Commercial Roofing
1,220 Posts
Rewards? I know about a thousand of them here in Will county. ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts