Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Three years ago I made and agreement with a maid service.
On Larger Upscale remodels they would do a full clean for $90 if I would introduce them to the owners. It has worked out well for both of us as it has helped my reputation and they have several new clients. Any one else doing something like this?

Craig

·
Carpe Diem
20,742 Posts
Are they french? :thumbup:

I have been looking into this but unfortunately, business has been slow. I've been doing smaller jobs where a total clean up hasn't been necessary. Once things pick up again, I will definitely be searching. I think customers will enjoy this.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Most cleaning companies nowadays use hispanic maids (illegal or not I don't know?)... to keep cost down (low pay, long work hour) :whistling

·
Registered
13 Posts
Most cleaning companies nowadays use hispanic maids (illegal or not I don't know?)... to keep cost down (low pay, long work hour) :whistling
That varies regionally, but was there a point to your comment? In my experience (which is plenty, here in SoCal), most "Hispanic" workers (maids, laborers, or otherwise) bust a$$, putting in a hard day's work for often much less than they should be paid.

To the original topic, +1 to bringing in a maid service for post-cleanup. High-end clients especially respond to the "special treatment". But it makes a strong impression with any client and helps with referals "...and not only that, they even brought in a maid service to clean the house when they were done!".

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
I've been thinking that I should do that--for years.

I can't believe the small amount that you are paying. I'll have to ask around.Great customer service.

·
WICKED WOODCHUCKER
893 Posts
We use a cleaning service for larger jobs. Usally cost me around 100-120 bucks but is worth every penny. They clean so much better than we do. great impression on HO

·
Banned
14,078 Posts
Three years ago I made and agreement with a maid service.
On Larger Upscale remodels they would do a full clean for $90 if I would introduce them to the owners. It has worked out well for both of us as it has helped my reputation and they have several new clients. Any one else doing something like this?

Craig
I've looked into this off and on for the last 4 years. I have yet to find a cleaning service that understood the idea was for them to gain a new customer. Haven't found a cleaning service with an owner who warmed to the idea unless we were paying full price for their service.

You ask them what their customer acquisition costs are and they don't even know what you are talking about. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
8 Posts
I know what you're saying Mike but I don't expect them to work for nothing.

The maid service I use will go in and do it for cost. Usually thats 2-3 hours with 2-3 ladies for about $90 or less. For small cleaning jobs they don't charge me at all. The maid service owner cleans it herself. If they sign a contract to clean the house on a regular basis I don't pay either...Cheap enough for me and its clean for the HO. Helps leave that warm fuzzy feeling in the HO's minds...

I always trying to help them out with referals and they do the same for me. Works out really well

Riley

·
Sluggin away
1,393 Posts
maids

I use a service here called "Barely Cleaning" butt:eek: not much cleaning but worth the money and I usually get the referrals. :tongue_smilie:

·
Registered
117 Posts
I hire them during and after construction. I even have a porta poti on site to keep the workers out of the clients space as much as possible.

·
Registered
34 Posts
On most of our dirty, dusty, or large projects we include a "Clean-Up Crew" charging our customer for the cleaning crew to come in after the work completed to clean up the entire interior of the project. It includes everything necessary to put the place in order. The gal we use comes in with a couple of people and has it done in a few hours. She has worked with us for quite a while and now will even do "touch up" if we miss something minor.

datajam

1 - 20 of 23 Posts