Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
GC
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about picking one up for a new project. Part of the job is replacing about 20 squares of comp roofing. I like the idea of not having a hose on the roof, safer, and I've come to appreciate not having a compressor running all day. Reviews are mostly good, but most of them seem to be from the DIY crowd.

·
Registered
Residential Framing, Post Frame Buildings, Garages
1,273 Posts
I've had it for about 9 months, so far has worked flawlessly.
Mostly use it for installing metal trims, have used it for a couple square of shingles at a time, but can't speak to continuous use installing 20 sq...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
Honolulu, Hawaii
18,457 Posts
I've used it at work, It's not mine. I only use it for deck flashing. It works good for that.

·
Registered
3,961 Posts
I did 6 squares on 12/12.

It was fine.

No way on 20 squares. Go pneumatic if you need it for a full day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
Honolulu, Hawaii
18,457 Posts
I would love to know your experience and if you recommend after using it.
I'm not a roofer and the last time I put down a square I said I'd never do that again! It works good for the flashing but I don't know if it would have the speed for the pro roofer. Flashing and roofing are 2 different things.

Reactions: JD Wayne

·
Registered
GC
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I did 6 squares on 12/12.

It was fine.

No way on 20 squares. Go pneumatic if you need it for a full day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have a pneumatic roofing nailer, two of them actually. But I've really come to appreciate not having cords and hoses all over the jobsite. The simple reality is it's safer. One of my guys was a roofer for 25 years, so he puts on all our roofs. I don't care if it takes him a few extra days to get the job done, I do care that he doesn't get hurt while doing it.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
I recently purchased one and I like it a lot

I am not a roofer but I use it for other things and it works great. I wish I had one years ago

It’s heavy but convenient

David

1 - 10 of 10 Posts