Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

101 - 120 of 5323 Posts

·
Super Moderator
25,984 Posts
I hadn't had a chance to read through this thread.

But tonight I'm cooking Steak, Shrimp, Baked potato, and Salad :thumbsup:
Sounds good :thumbup:

I went up to Opies and ate a mess of ribs and some beans. Baby back and spare. :thumbsup:

Reactions: brickhook

·
Super Moderator
25,984 Posts
I got a lady who I take venison and wild pig meat to, she loves venison. In return I get about 5 dozen Tomales a few times a year. Outstanding. I got dozen for 72Chevy but he went to Hawaii for 10 days..... they probably won't make it. Wouldn't want to have em spoil :whistling:laughing:

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
I got a lady who I take venison and wild pig meat to, she loves venison. In return I get about 5 dozen Tomales a few times a year. Outstanding. I got dozen for 72Chevy but he went to Hawaii for 10 days..... they probably won't make it. Wouldn't want to have em spoil :whistling:laughing:
About once a month, Mario's wife and mother-n-law will make tamales'. They will make soooo many. And they are awesome cooks.

They used to invite me over for supper on tamale night, now I just go over without them asking :laughing:

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
I feel left out having never eaten a tamale.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
I know a women that works in a factory that employs a lot of Mexican women.One of the women makes tamales every Thursday night to bring to work Friday and sales them for 5 bucks a dozen.I get a dozen every couple weeks and they are very good.Comes with some green hot sauce that is the best I'be ever had.

·
Super Moderator
25,984 Posts
Serious local shortage of Mexican restaurants. A few have popped up in the past couple years.
Restaurant Tomales ain't gonna be as good as the real deal. Are there Mexicans up there? If there are, there are Tomales, lots of the older lady's make em and drive around the sites and shops and sell them for 10.00 a dozen here. :thumbsup:

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
Restaurant Tomales ain't gonna be as good as the real deal. Are there Mexicans up there? If there are, there are Tomales, lots of the older lady's make em and drive around the sites and shops and sell them for 10.00 a dozen here. :thumbsup:
Not many Mexicans around here.

Same here. The best place seems to actually be a Mexican grocery that has a taco cart out front.
Guys we don't have Mexican grocery stores, nor the carts that sit in front of them.

·
This space for lease
5,323 Posts
I lived in Fresno and the Mexican chow in their restaurants and carts was incredibly good. I don't know why it's not more available instead of Taco Bell rot gut. There's just no accounting for class in America.

101 - 120 of 5323 Posts