Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

81 - 100 of 5244 Posts

·
Radical Basement Dweller
17,743 Posts
Another Sunday, thinking about another dinner. Hmmmm. Not sure yet.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
You just posted you were lying in bed listening to the rain (with your dog, I might add...:whistling)

It's days like these I like having a great breakfast for dinner.

Eggs, bacon/sausage, pancakes, toast, coffee......a good dinner.

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
You just posted you were lying in bed listening to the rain (with your dog, I might add...:whistling)

It's days like these I like having a great breakfast for dinner.

Eggs, bacon/sausage, pancakes, toast, coffee......a good dinner.
I like doing that sometimes, having breakfast for dinner. Other times, cocktails for breakfast isn't bad.

·
Registered
7,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #90

Tonight's pork chops.

Marinated in 1/4 cup salt, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 3 cups of water , 2 cups ice cubes for at least 3 hours in zip lock bag in fridge.

Rub in my secret rub, grill to 145 degrees, good to go

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
107 Posts
I adapted a recipe I found on line, below is what I used, and I must say it was pretty good and really easy. The recipe called for adding lean ground beef raw into the casserole, but I only had 73/27 ground beef on hand so I felt I needed to get rid of as much grease as possible so I browned it first, but I think this would be a good place to use ground turkey or chicken.

7 Layer Casserole
Ingredients
o 1 cup uncooked long-grain white rice
o 1 can black beans drained
o 1 (14 ounce) cans tomato sauce
o 1 small onion, chopped
o 1 7oz. can chopped green chilies
o 1 lb ground beef, browned with taco seasoning and drained
o 1 (14 1/2 ounce) salsa
o 6 slices uncooked bacon, cut in half
o 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese ( or more if desired)
Directions
1. Set oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Butter a 2 1/2 qt casserole dish.
3. Layer each ingredient in order given starting with the uncooked rice on the bottom of casserole dish, ending up with the bacon on top (save the cheese for the last 5 minutes of baking).
4. Cover, bake for 1 hour; uncover and continue cooking for 20-25 minutes longer.
5. Top with shredded cheddar cheese the last 5 minutes of baking.

·
Registered
11,223 Posts

Tonight's pork chops.

Marinated in 1/4 cup salt, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 3 cups of water , 2 cups ice cubes for at least 3 hours in zip lock bag in fridge.

You can't have pork without mustard. Of course I use mustard on most things I grill or smoke.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts

Tonight's pork chops.

Heat up your grill and cook em like a steak, those chops need some colour.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
10,795 Posts
Here's another simple/great way to do pork chops:

Dip in egg, breadcrumbs, a shake of salt, brown in cast iron pan briefly with some oil, then put that pan into a 350 degree oven for 35-40 minutes, depending.

Melts in your mouth. I like 'em with the bone, meat just falls off. Tasty as ever. If you haven't tried it, do it.

·
Radical Basement Dweller
17,743 Posts
Here's another simple/great way to do pork chops:

Dip in egg, breadcrumbs, a shake of salt, brown in cast iron pan briefly with some oil, then put that pan into a 350 degree oven for 35-40 minutes, depending.

Melts in your mouth. I like 'em with the bone, meat just falls off. Tasty as ever. If you haven't tried it, do it.
I've started to double-dip everything I fry that gets a coating.

In this case, I would flour, then dip in egg batter and then into breadcrumbs.

Keeps even more moisture in the meat.

·
Registered
10,795 Posts
I've started to double-dip everything I fry that gets a coating.

In this case, I would flour, then dip in egg batter and then into breadcrumbs.

Keeps even more moisture in the meat.
Sure, but these chops will be moist and tender and so damned tasty anyway. Just don't overbake them. They come out of the pan dripping with oil, but just drain and eat. I'm telling you...good stuff. You'll see.

P.S. Yukon gold is an amazing potato for mashed. Little butter, salt milk...basic old school tasty.

·
Registered
7,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #98 (Edited)
3 thin sliced potatoes, garlic salt, onion salt, my "secret seasoning"...stick of butter, 1/3 cup diced onions, cast iron skillet and about 30 minutes. pepper jack cheese melted on top last 2 mins....

not to brag...it was FREAKING awesome

wtf, no pic uploads?

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
3 thin sliced potatoes, garlic salt, onion salt, my "secret seasoning"...stick of butter, 1/3 cup diced onions, cast iron skillet and about 30 minutes. pepper jack cheese melted on top last 2 mins....

not to brag...it was FREAKING awesome

wtf, no pic uploads?

So are you saying a stick of butter is your secret seasoning?

81 - 100 of 5244 Posts