Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

41 - 60 of 5244 Posts

·
Registered
7,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Okay, taking our up with people guest tomorrow ice fishing. Hope to get into some walleye and perch. Other than the beer batter I've used for years, any suggestions for dinner?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
Only way I've ever cooked it was either fried; or salt, pepper, lemon, butter and wrap in foil and tossed over a fire.

Reactions: dayexco

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Reactions: dayexco

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
With fresh caught fish the simpler the better I think. Salt, butter and some lemon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
504 Posts
Butter and Montreal steak spice is simple and and a nice change from standard beer batter.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
23,773 Posts
With fresh caught fish the simpler the better I think. Salt, butter and some lemon.

Butter and Montreal steak spice is simple and and a nice change from standard beer batter.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Try some fresh squeezed lime juice and some lime zest...

Pretty darn good on Salmon, any of the Cod fish & Trout.

·
GC/carpenter
40,539 Posts
I want to know if there's anyway to cook artichokes, other then boil them and add a dipp'n sauce.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
I want to know if there's anyway to cook artichokes, other then boil them and add a dipp'n sauce.

I used to make a stuffed artichoke that was really good. Boil the artichoke. Take all fuzz out and the soft parts from the center, but leave the heart in. Fill with sautéed chopped mushrooms, artichoke bits, breadcrumbs and cheese then bake it.

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
If I was BBQing a pork shoulder or something else on the smoker I'd throw a few in a dutch oven and toss it in. Artichokes can even be thrown right onto the coals of a fire while camping. Pull em out, peel off each leaf and bite the bottom, then when you get inside scoop out the thisel fuzz and eat the heart.

The trouble with chokes are if people don't know how to eat them they won't like them. Getting at the tasty bits is either a lot of prep work or a lot of dissection at the time of eating.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Breakfast is only good on a cast iron skillet.
Breakfast is my favorite meal
I agree. I make some killer breakfasts. Pretty much all I cook on is cast iron.

Not a breakfast, but lately I have been working on a red beans & rice that is amazing!

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
I agree. I make some killer breakfasts. Pretty much all I cook on is cast iron.

Not a breakfast, but lately I have been working on a red beans & rice that is amazing!

Where's the pickled pork?

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
Favorite part of cooking is figuring out what to make. Least favorite part of cooking is figuring out what to make.

Sitting here right now trying to think of something.

·
Capra Aegagrus
Remodeler
24,083 Posts
It don't get no easier than this.

4-5 skinless chicken breasts
16-18 oz bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce
2 Tblsp butter

Throw the chicken and sauce in a crockpot on low for about 7 hours, then toss in the butter and proceed to pull yer chicken with a pair of forks.

Serve on rolls with a bit of shredded cheese and/or whatever else suits your fancy.

·
John the Builder
16,993 Posts
It don't get no easier than this.

4-5 skinless chicken breasts
16-18 oz bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce
2 Tblsp butter

Throw the chicken and sauce in a crockpot on low for about 7 hours, then toss in the butter and proceed to pull yer chicken with a pair of forks.

Serve on rolls with a bit of shredded cheese and/or whatever else suits your fancy.
Sounds amazing. Whens dinner hour again?

41 - 60 of 5244 Posts