Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

3621 - 3640 of 5266 Posts

·
Super Moderator
25,905 Posts
I might beat you to the hog video as we are in the process of trying to capture some & put on the hunting ranch. Folks pay SNL good money to shoot those hogs especially on night hunts with all the fancy gear. I've got to get the door triggering mechanism worked out first. Damn hogs come in and eat up the corn yet don't trigger the door, deer will tho and of course I don't want to trap them.

I'm surprised any protesters showed up, thought they would think it was cancelled. Probably some dipchits from Austin.

Your buddy's wife did good if she sacked one, most just run around & get made to look foolish by a pig, ha. I hope she wore leather gloves, those pigs will bite.
I think she did get nipped. I'll see if I can post a video

Can't get it to post

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Artist and not a curator
10,574 Posts
Wife has son at gymnastics so me and my little sweetheart had to fend for ourselves. Made a pseudo-Asian salad (red and green cabbage, shredded carrots, red onions, spinach, wontons, shaved almonds, and whole cashews) with panko fried scallops and sesame dressing.

It was damn good.

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
Wife's in New York City, so the son and I shall indulge!!

Mike.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
No pics but I've been making beef jerky every couple weeks. The kids love it and it's a good snack. The last batch I made was Vietnamese style so very heavy on the ginger an garlic. It was damn, good.
I went through a few intense jerky making phases. But I can't stop eating the stuff. I used eye of the round, what do you make it from?

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
45,167 Posts
I've seen prime a few times at Costco but I've never taken the plunge, worth it?

I think they got the wrong thing.

·
GC/carpenter
40,949 Posts
I've seen prime a few times at Costco but I've never taken the plunge, worth it?

They were absolutely worth it!

Although I'm not sure if the quality is local or not.

Mike.

·
Super Moderator
25,905 Posts
No pics but I've been making beef jerky every couple weeks. The kids love it and it's a good snack. The last batch I made was Vietnamese style so very heavy on the ginger an garlic. It was damn, good.
I do a **** load of deer jerky

I am generous with tamales from My Girl In Town, as well as Fresh Tortillas and even Antelope and axis meat. But not jerky. LOL

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
I do a **** load of deer jerky

I am generous with tamales from My Girl In Town, as well as Fresh Tortillas and even Antelope and axis meat. But not jerky. LOL

My best friend is an avid hunter, every year he slaughters close to his goose limit...which here is an insane number since they try to get rid of the damn things. Due to the huge quantity he just breasts em and tosses the carcass. What you are left with is an insane qualtity of goose breasts, very lean, tough, and tastes like goose. It's like eating the worst cut of beef you've ever had. After experimenting with stews, pepperetts, summer sausage etc we gave jerky a shot. It was perfect.

Couldn't even tell it was goose, give a guy a piece and he wouldn't be able to tell it from beef.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
My best friend is an avid hunter, every year he slaughters close to his goose limit...which here is an insane number since they try to get rid of the damn things. Due to the huge quantity he just breasts em and tosses the carcass. What you are left with is an insane qualtity of goose breasts, very lean, tough, and tastes like goose. It's like eating the worst cut of beef you've ever had. After experimenting with stews, pepperetts, summer sausage etc we gave jerky a shot. It was perfect.

Couldn't even tell it was goose, give a guy a piece and he wouldn't be able to tell it from beef.

Canadas or snows?

·
General Contractor
7,937 Posts
You drop that in here and don't offer up the recipe? :sad:

Looks delicious. :thumbsup:
It's gonna be in my recipe book... but for you my friend, drop me a note in here and I will reply with a recipe :thumbsup: Very easy to make and it's quick.

3621 - 3640 of 5266 Posts