Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I was recently doing a job that required to dig a small area under the foundation of a 120 years old row-house in Baltimore, MD. While digging there, I found his object. Surly, this is not a 120 years old object and I have a feeling that it was left there under the foundation when the adjacent home did whole re-do of the house about 20 years ago including redoing the foundation and floor of their basement to increase the height of their basement. Never the less, I am very curious to know what this object is.. any idea?

Attachments

·
Radical Basement Dweller
18,665 Posts
Looks like part of a carousel for a microwave oven.

Reactions: madrina

·
Capra Aegagrus
Remodeler
24,205 Posts
That's the hipbone of a three-legged trisaunadon. They were pretty short-lived in the evolutionary cycle; nature has always tended to favor bilateral symmetry.

The Smithsonian would probably give you a pretty penny for it.

·
Radical Basement Dweller
18,665 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
How big is it? Cant tell from the pic but it looks tiny. Post a pic of it next to a coin or something for reference.

Sent from my LM-Q710.FG using Tapatalk

·
Designer/Contractor
3,601 Posts
Good guesses but more likely the remnant of a peace symbol, house probably was some sort of hippie commune, when it broke up the ring around the peace symbol broke up also, seen it happen a dozen times.......

1 - 10 of 10 Posts