Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Zimmermann
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
..or anytime I take more than say 3-4 days in a row once I get back to work it really takes me a minute to get my head back in the game.

Only took off 4 days this time and it took me a good 3 hours or so to really get my head back into the project and task at hand today. Im used to being soar from not working for a few days and jumping back in but get really frustrated when I cant get right back into it mentally....oh well it was great to relax with my family and friends no doubt.

anyone else?

·
Registered
ornamental plasterer
1,442 Posts
No. I’m in different boat than you are. For me it doesn’t matter how long I was off. My hands know what to do….I don’t need a head:stupid:

·
Zimmermann
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No. I’m in different boat than you are. For me it doesn’t matter how long I was off. My hands know what to do….I don’t need a head:stupid:
I dig what your saying and would like to subscribe to your newsletter....:thumbsup:

·
KemoSabe
14,233 Posts
I'll let you know tomorrow Brian. This is the first time I've had 4 days off since I can't remember when. Today I got my truck re-titled ,re-registered, re-insured and lettered in the corporation name, while I wasn't doing anything.:laughing: Oh, nevermind, I worked 4 hours on Saturday.:whistling I'll bet my head's still not in the game tomorrow.:no:

·
Zimmermann
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I'll let you know tomorrow Brian. This is the first time I've had 4 days off since I can't remember when. Today I got my truck re-titled ,re-registered, re-insured and lettered in the corporation name, while I wasn't doing anything.:laughing: Oh, nevermind, I worked 4 hours on Saturday.:whistling I'll bet my head's still not in the game tomorrow.:no:
Nice, alot got handled today though. Did the lettering turn out to be what you were imagining?

Cjeff - our days mirrored each other. Like I was gathering for winter hibernation. Spent alot of time rearranging the work area to fit all the materials....

·
Al Smith
2,392 Posts
today is truck day,

Was at MV today as well. Bought a replacement truck for my wheels of shame. Yeah its 11 years old, but it beats what I was driving.

·
Finishing Carpenter
1,332 Posts
holy crap, up at 5am, at the HO's house by 7am....(8 minute drive) didn't even stop for coffee!!!!
so then he hands me the cash, and a key!!! whew, no pressure :)

took an hour to do the first cope! daym, too many days off. Got everything set up, measured etc. (45' crown) cut, cope, file file,....... fiddle.........

it didnt fit. crap.

I nested the crown, upsidedown/insideout/backwards, but I made the cut at 31.6 deg, not 45. sigh..... was a nice cope though!

so then I had a coffee :D everything went great then! feels good to be workin again! a week is just too long to hang around the house.

·
Crash Test Dummy
2,210 Posts
..or anytime I take more than say 3-4 days in a row once I get back to work it really takes me a minute to get my head back in the game.

Only took off 4 days this time and it took me a good 3 hours or so to really get my head back into the project and task at hand today. Im used to being soar from not working for a few days and jumping back in but get really frustrated when I cant get right back into it mentally....oh well it was great to relax with my family and friends no doubt.

anyone else?
I took a 4 day weekend. Went back to work Monday and had to take off to regroup.

·
KemoSabe
14,233 Posts
Nice, alot got handled today though. Did the lettering turn out to be what you were imagining?
It's just bold black letters, basic information. More to comply to state regulations than for advertisement. Looks nice though. Simple and clean. Need to get a logo now.:whistling

·
Zimmermann
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It's just bold black letters, basic information. More to comply to state regulations than for advertisement. Looks nice though. Simple and clean. Need to get a logo now.:whistling

I might be able to help you with that. Everyone once in a while I try to use the $60,000 piece of paper University of the Arts gave me...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
440 Posts
i usually do alright if its only a week, but we took a week and a half off for xmas so ill tell you after the first of the year

·
Don't Eat Yellow Snow!
401 Posts
Been off since the 22nd Dec and not back till 4th Jan, it seems like an age!
Still been busy around the house, the wife always finds something for me to do!, ive also brought a newer van and just old my old one so been swapping stuff over and refitting it.
Going away tomorrow for the new year and not back till Saturday, but got work linned up for next week and will be back in to it by tea break!
When i was younger my back would ache after a couple of days not working!!!
Cheers
Dave

·
Registered
89 Posts
It might take a few minutes.

We got off from the 24 to Jan 4. I haven't had a break like that in a while. Just to keep my head part way in it, I had a house plan to work on. We finished sheathing the deck on the 23rd, and so I figured out the entire cut list--headers, trimmers, jacks and cripples for the interior and exterior walls. It was acctually kind of fun to do that without any pressure to keep someone working while I did all the thinkin'! I am hoping to have a really profitable day on Monday, or Tuesday, whenever everyone else's brain shows up.

Happy New Year:party::clap:
Graham

1 - 17 of 17 Posts