Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

Any good invoicing apps?

2447 Views 11 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  NYgutterguy
Looking for an easy app I can use for invoicing.

I just had to lay off my secretary, so I now have to do all the fun invoicing stuff :rolleyes:

I guess I'm looking for an app that can do the job for me... any suggestions?

Thanks,

JD
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
:eek:

Why not look at her/his previous invoicing procedures?

Quick Books is the mainstay.

How about an intro as well? (In the introduction section):thumbsup:
What was your secretary using for Invoices?
I do my own invoicing and I keep it pretty simple. I have a few templates I use in Microsoft that I can go to and make minor changes if needed.

I always save the completed invoice as a pdf so it's universally viewable.
Really helps when we know what you want to include on your invoice, but really you could do it in any word processor, excel, I like quickbooks because it keeps everything in one place, I have used Invoices2Go, Google is your friend.
Try wave.com
I've been using it for over 2 years and I really like it. Its done all online , you can do estimates, invoices that can be emailed direct to client. Also great accounting tools.
I think you mean, www.waveapps.com wave.com is a security company. :whistling
Try wave.com
I've been using it for over 2 years and I really like it. Its done all online , you can do estimates, invoices that can be emailed direct to client. Also great accounting tools.
I use an Excel template modified for my needs ( language, tax rates etc.)

I used the two macros written by this guy:
http://blogs.office.com/2012/01/12/generate-invoice-numbers-in-excel/

Depending on your volume, sometimes a pen and an accounting pad is still the best app.

Mark
I think an excel template is the simplest way to do it, that's what works for me anyway.
I use QuickBooks so I just print the invoice to a pdf and email it. All pdf's are named "Customer Last Name" Invoice "Date" e.g. Davis Invoice 042814, and saved into my Dropbox folder. It makes them really easy to access and search from my phone.
I use a word tempete and I also keep generic "Contractor Invoices' in the truck for those quick repair jobs.... or when I leave the invoice sitting on the printer...:whistling
I can't imagine myself using anything other than quickbooks pro.
Reactions: rselectric1
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.