Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Flatrooferstl
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:help:Reach Local has been telling me that they are the nations best and most popular search result expert team to help expose your website. Is this true, has anyone used them from here? give thoughts on your experience if you have used them please thanks

·
Registered
16 Posts
I've never used them but setting up google adwords is pretty straight forward and once its up you just need to check it periodically

·
Insert title
4,692 Posts
I did not have a great experience with them so they get my thumbs down.

My negative feedback:

They targeted keywords that I did not want, lol for services I did not offer.

They used the calls from the bad keywords to boost the amount of leads that they thought I got.

The results that I got were nothing like what their salesperson told me I would get. After a one month campaign ($1000+) I ran one lead that produced $0000.00 in sales...........so for my $1000 I got to waste maybe 10 hours or so with their sales people and another few hours talking to useless leads.

BTW, if you want to roll the dice with them don't let them talk you into a 3 month contract, they will go for a 1 month contract after they call their boss.

·
Insert title
4,692 Posts
its basically...your paying them to set up adwords for you is what it sounds like
BINGO!

The reason I gave them a chance to do what I could of done on my own is that they claimed to have done the same for other window companies all over the US and they know what keywords convert into leads. I've played with adwords in the past without much luck if any so spending $1000 on a company with experience was a gamble I was willing to take.

I think I'll invest less than $1000 the next time to attend the 1-2 day classes on running an adword campaign myself.

·
Sponge
175 Posts
Stay away. I have met with them and know whats up. You will waist so much money.

They are ok if you have money to waist and don't know any different. Otherwise find a good website guy and he will hook you up.

Contact me and I will give you info.

·
Boss Man
37 Posts
Reachlocal

We have talked to them twice, but their sales pitch is like the yellow pages, and that turns my boss off. They claim to have the technology to do what we can't, but we are, and most internet reviews I have read say that they don't. We are closing jobs from organic google searches, and everytime we cut back on the paid internet advertising, which we are managing ourselves, we save money with no loss in volume. I think these guys are just like the Yellow Pages, in a dead end business that only catches businesses that can't get a niece or a nephew to set up a cheap campaign for the most common keywords.

They claim to cast a wider net, but a wider net means you clean more fish for less meat. Paying them would mean I would waste time answering calls outside of my field, focus, and geographic market.

·
Registered
470 Posts
BINGO!

The reason I gave them a chance to do what I could of done on my own is that they claimed to have done the same for other window companies all over the US and they know what keywords convert into leads. I've played with adwords in the past without much luck if any so spending $1000 on a company with experience was a gamble I was willing to take.

I think I'll invest less than $1000 the next time to attend the 1-2 day classes on running an adword campaign myself.
When it comes to adwords I would say that Perry Marshell.com would be the master to learn from plus I seen a banner ad on here the other day.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Would definitely agree with previous post - if you wish to learn Adwords yourself, the absolute best resource is the Perry Marshall - Definitive Guide to Google Adwords - think it's less than $100.

·
Registered
7,185 Posts
One person from their staff is involved in another forum and she does seem to have more than the average knowledge.

But, the analytics and tweaking is where it comes in to define your target, which she does have substantial more in programs to analyze those stats.

Also, I do not think their tracking phone number system will lead to authentic results for the fee, which Google Voice Phone Numbers can do for free.

It may be worth a "Short Term" investment to see what you need to focus on or if you are not involved in SEO'ing your own site and don't want to make the time.

When they contacted me several months ago, I had them do a search from their office on my company and I came up 5 times on the first page of Google for several of their initial search queries and I do have to admit, the sales rep said there was not much more they could do for my results than what I was already getting, so I give Him and "A" for Honesty.

Ed

·
Insert title
4,692 Posts
When it comes to adwords I would say that Perry Marshell.com would be the master to learn from plus I seen a banner ad on here the other day.

Are you kidding? <---serious question, his site looks like one of those e-book sites but if you have used him and seen results I would love to know about it.

·
Registered
7,185 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have tried them for about 3 months, received 1 phone call, which it didn`t turn out into a job cause it was another lead company that was looking for remodelers

·
Living out of Trucks
12 Posts
We have used Reach Local before and it did not go well. High promises and low results. Maybe if we stuck it out for a longer period of time the results would have been better, but who has the money to just wait for uncertain results? We cut our ties with Reach Local and haven't looked back. It was a good move for the company, but then again, there are many factors that play into why certain things work for some people and not for others.

As for Perry Marshall, I have to agree with dougchips, his site doesn't look that great. However, if he is good at what he does then more power to him.

·
Registered
164 Posts

·
Registered
960 Posts
We have used Reach Local before and it did not go well. High promises and low results. Maybe if we stuck it out for a longer period of time the results would have been better, but who has the money to just wait for uncertain results? We cut our ties with Reach Local and haven't looked back. It was a good move for the company, but then again, there are many factors that play into why certain things work for some people and not for others.

As for Perry Marshall, I have to agree with dougchips, his site doesn't look that great. However, if he is good at what he does then more power to him.
I am in a contract with them right now and was promised a weeks warning before charging my account another $1,000 - well they lied and tried to charge it anyway :censored:

Luckily for me I became suspicious of the company for other reasons and canceled the card in case they made a money grab (which they did) It would have sent us into overdraft at the same time as payroll was due :furious:

I would love to get out of the contract but do not know if it is possible. Either way they will be payed by money order "only" from now on. Has anyone canceled their 4 month contract?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts