Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
new to the website. been reading for a couple of days. wondering if there were any fencing guys in here. why isnt there a forum for fencing. im from texas. let me know if there are any fencing contractors. i would like to get some insight from some other guys on here about the fencing industry.

·
Carpenter/fencing
808 Posts
Yea were here,

fatoldman said:
new to the website. been reading for a couple of days. wondering if there were any fencing guys in here. why isnt there a forum for fencing. im from texas. let me know if there are any fencing contractors. i would like to get some insight from some other guys on here about the fencing industry.
I'm a Fence installer from Long island New York, Whats up

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
just wondering what type of liscense you need for fencing. im in texas. i know you are up north. but i figure the liscensing will be similar.

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Why do I picture a guy on a horse riding the line and nailing up barbed wire?
Sorry fat o m. I think that I've seen too many western movies.
Permits vary from state to state and then you have to break it down to the county and city level. All can have their own requirements. You really need to check into your local regs.

·
Carpenter/fencing
808 Posts
license

fatoldman said:
just wondering what type of liscense you need for fencing. im in texas. i know you are up north. but i figure the liscensing will be similar.

a lot of guys don't have one at all here,but it should be a standard contractors license and insurance, nobody really bothers fence guys here,unlike contractors building houses,if they fall down ,big problem, fences don't fall down, up here the biggest problem is buried utilities the new law states all utilities must be marked out before any digging,if you hit one ,its a big fine. :cool:

·
Carpenter/fencing
808 Posts
more than you realize

ProWallGuy said:
I reckon I never realized there were guys out there that did nothing but fences.
Hmmmm.........
I've been installing fence for almost 18 years and make a pretty decent living at it,I,m also a carpenter , the summer months i install fencing and pvc railings and line up carpentry work for the winter,theres more carpentry work than fence work in the winter,were making a killing on PVC fencing here in new york ,just came back from a job 28' of 5' high PVC,one gate,had to break a few holes in cement,got there at 10:00 am left at 3:00pm,made my $525 for the day and paid my helper a $100 for the day,I can't complain :cool:

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
I don't think that he 'got it'.

·
Registered
197 Posts
nywoodwizard said:
I've been installing fence for almost 18 years and make a pretty decent living at it,I,m also a carpenter , the summer months i install fencing and pvc railings and line up carpentry work for the winter,theres more carpentry work than fence work in the winter,were making a killing on PVC fencing here in new york ,just came back from a job 28' of 5' high PVC,one gate,had to break a few holes in cement,got there at 10:00 am left at 3:00pm,made my $525 for the day and paid my helper a $100 for the day,I can't complain :cool:
PVC fencing .... hmm, interesting ... have any pictures?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts