Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried putting this down in the "specialty trades" section under "windows and doors," but that section seems to be populated by replacement window folks. I'm addressing this to what the replacement window makers call the "prime," meaning, "new construction" segment, thus I'm asking here.

Andersen's new product line runs across the board with awnings, casements, doublehungs, pictures, transoms, operable transoms, and the full line of patio doors. It appears as if they may in future eliminate much of what they now have in the 400 and Woodwright series, and the A-Series is what we'll see.

I am looking for feedback from those who have seen them or seen and installed them, or serviced them.

If you have any feedback along these lines, please post.

I know there are plenty of other window makers out there, and that, of course, some may prefer other brands. This is not the thread for comparing them to Andersen. I am seeking feedback on the new A-Series line.

Two features: All rough openings are in even inches, even when units get stacked and or sidemulled. Nailing flanges are wider.

·
Custom Builder
1,412 Posts
Havent seen them yet. We use alot of jeld wen and pella like them alot. Ro in even numbers really doesn't matter you can frame to any dimension no problem. Id worry more about the cladding attachment, smoothness of operation, warranty backing(some manufactures try everything to prove there right your wrong)

·
Registered
81 Posts
They're not even available around here yet, I don't think. They are not on Andersen's website. I just hope they are better than the 200 series DH's, which make me.... :sick: Sorry to you who bleed orange and black.

I will say this for Andersen.....Best warranty department that I have ever had the pleasure to deal with. :thumbup1:

·
Registered
90 Posts
I am looking for feedback from those who have seen them or seen and installed them, or serviced them.
just finished two projects this past fall, one commercial and the other residential. both anderson. 400 and 200 series. a+ report card across the board. good service. responsive. stand behind the product. best value when compared with eagle, marvin, pella, etc.

only draw-back from my perspective is grill-in-glass was only available in the 200-series, which our commercial client preferred for operational reasons, while our architect was focused on aesthetic proportions of the 400-series sill relative to the marvin's of this world. ended up with 400-series and laminated grills on the windows facing the main street, and 200-series with grill-in-glass for everything else. odd compromise and by all but 1-person's observation the 200-series are perfectly fine. anderson 200-series grill-in-glass are going on my next home that i build for myself.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts