Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Kenmore model #665 dishwasher. When I start it, it runs.... but no water. Where do I start? Thanks.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Assuming that you have the water line hooked up to a tee to the hot water valve under your kitchen sink, and it is turned on. There is an electromagnetic valve under the dishwasher that may not be working. It may kick on if you tap the valve, if not, the wireing will have to be checked out, or the water line may have been kinked when the washer was put into place. One last thing, I have run across some dishwashers that for some reason have a time delay on adding water to the system. It will sound like it is running before the water valve opens. In this case it is best to have a little patience and all will work itself out, turn the machine on, and listen to it for a minute or two...chances are it will start filling up, and all is well. Please reply with your results.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Do you hear any water at all running?
If so, you have picked up some scale (aka: crud) which is blocking the line. Usually a "hum or virbation" can be felt if the valve is getting the signal to open. If you have the proper tools, disconect the line and look into the intake area of of the valve and exit area of the line. A "Q-tip' swab of both sides will tell you if crud has worked it's way in. Good project for a Sunday.
Opps forgot, shut water line off before disconecting, and fill a quart jar via opening the line to look for crud.

·
Registered
378 Posts
check romex lead in to junctionbox for open or intermitant circuit wire can rub thru on motorframe if in contact.This may not trip breaker if no path to ground.Had this problem with my own sears dishwasher.Dishwasher appeared to start but just hummmed with no water.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts