Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We drag a 16' Haulmark drop back box trailer that has been a lifesaver to the business every day. Inside isn't only a rolling big box store but also a good rest area too. Almost froze to death last winter - just can't seem to get it warm. Tried a portable 110 space heater - might as well light a candle.
Any suggestions for heating from anyone who basically lives out of their work trailer too? I've heard any type of kerosene or LP heater is a bad idea in such an enclosed area.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,300 Posts

You see that rectangular thing with the vent grill mounted on the right side by the helmet near the ceiling.

That is a RV furnace, Suburban SF-30-F 30,0000 btu.

Cost to install:

Suburban SF-30 on Ebay or equivalent - under $400
Propane tank - $40
12 volt Battery - $50
Hose, wiring and thermostat - $100

This furnace will heat the inside so hot you can't stand it, if you wanted.

The attached pic of the outside vents is how the vents are on a SF-30-F model. A SF-30 without the last F is the same furnace but it has the big rectangular cover on the outside with the vents integrated. The F model is a cleaner installation as long as you have access on the inside. The non F model is for when you won't have any access from the inside, like how they are installed inside a motorhome behind a cabinet, etc.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Unless you run duct work your going to want to mount the furnace as low to the floor as possible. In my 8x20ft hydraulic fish house run a 30K btu furnace and it works great. It's got a vent to the outside which makes me sleep a little better at night!

By buddy has a 8x28ft enclosed trailer and he's got a radiant heater he uses to heat it. He does mostly siding and it works well for him in the Winter to run the heater when installing plastic siding.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts