Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been using ACT! to keep track of customers for a while and recently moved to ACT! 2005.

One of the features I like is the mapping button which plugs contact info into www.mapquest.com. Its a very handy way to get directions to clients homes and projects. I'm a handyman and thier projects arent always at the same address.

My question is this. Is there any way to re-map this button to plug the information into mappoint loaded on my local machine instead?

I spend a lot of time out in the field working out of the truck rom job to job so im not always near an internet connectrion. If I could get this button re-mapped ofr create a new button to plug into mappoint instead, this would be wonderful.

Any ideas?

Matt
The Intown Handyman
Atlanta

·
Registered
131 Posts
I have an older version, but I doubt they let you change that. You might try asking on their forum. Also, this would probably be pretty easy to accomplish for a programmer type. You might try posting it as a project on elance or similar-- depending on how important is is.

·
Registered
83 Posts
What would be cool is if you could push that address to a GPS. Better yet, I wonder if they make a PC Card GPS that uses your computer screen?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, there are programs that work with gpsand automatic route planning and driving directions for the laptop. Thats in the future for me as well. I'd love to go into the contact list, click into a particular contact and have all the driving info pop up for me automatically.

There are solutions (act add-ons) that do this sort of thing but they are currently way out ofmy budget for now considering how muh i would use them in the immediate future. maybe some day.

All i really want right now is to push the current contact's address into mappoint instead of mapquest. Even that isnt working for me right now.

ACT has a set of forums still active? I havent been able to find them. ive been on the ACT website and found where they talk about the forums but every time i click the link to go there, it brings me full circle back to ACT. I probably just havent learned the secret handshake yet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts