Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

Another Weekend Project

3K views 23 replies 10 participants last post by  brickhook 
#1 ·
Started this one Saturday and went back Sunday morning and finished it up.

Attachments

See less See more
#12 ·
I'm getting ready to start another basement Monday, I'll take some pictures of my corner poles then.

They're two inch aluminum square tubing. I have' em in 8, 9, and 10 foot lengths. The braces are round tubing with a smaller tubing inside with a set screw.

I have them made a local machine shop.

#13 · (Edited)
Only thing I don't like about square tube leads is that line blocks slip off too easy, I have some ten footers that will telescope up to 12' that I made. I usually use 2" x 2" angle iron that telescope up to 9'. I can buy enough steel to make 6 leads for the price of one single store bought lead.

What percentage of your business is doing these foundations? I have never done a single one.

#14 ·
The foundations are a big part of my business. But it runs in spells. I might lay six foundations in a couple of months, then I might go six months and not lay any.

There is at least eleven general contractors here in two counties that I do all the masonry for. Plus I do customer work ,too. So it keeps me busy putting their foundations in.

#22 ·
It sets up quickly. Set the pole on the pin, and clamp the ends of the braces to a block. As one person plumbs the pole, the other person adjusts the brace.

We usually set four poles in less than 20 minutes.

Occasionally, I might go the night before to set up. And it takes longer by myself. But still not bad.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.