Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

Another trailer question...

3K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  IHI 
Very minimal payload- say ya got a 3500lb axle, subtract weight of trailer from that and the difference is all you have left for cargo

You get a flat tire and your SOL unti you fix it....no limpin it anywhere

Nice thing-only one set of brakes and 2 tires to worry about:laughing:

I wouldnt even bother with a single axle, hell even my dual axle is overloaded and i still dont have everything i need to carry. Right now seems to be a good time to buy. There is a 16'er here in town i would love to buy but cant afford right now. I beleive a local contractor may be downsizing or going belly up because he is selling both his trailers. The 16'er can be had for $2300 and it has some shelving. Here is a link, http://www.wantaddigest.com/view/catlist26.asp?cat=UTTR&classifieds=Utility Trailers They are about half way down the page from Brant Lake. One is a 7X16 and the other is a 6X12. The 2006 below that is a great deal too.

I agree with the mentality of not being worth the effort since it's so small and waaay under rated for carrying tools like we may carry, but i can also see if he's getting it for next to nothing it may be a tick better than what he may currently have? If nothing else, if he can limp this jr. trailer for maybe a year or so until he can save up for a stronger platform, it'd always make a nice "storage shed" in the future.

My bus only has 14' on the floor and 3' of attic and we're packed tiiiight, and overloaded to boot, but after seeing what i can and cant haul and am in the market for a trailer to replace the bus to cut down on insurance and maintenance, i've walked through a few buddies 16'ers and have pretty much decided to go 20' with 5200lb axles so i have ample payload capacity and heavier tires that will last longer...cost a lil more initally, but 20'ers are still compact in the big picture and can be ordered to be stout:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.