Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

How about this logo?

• This logo sucks, just like the first one.

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • This logo is uninspired and boring

Votes: 10 71.4%
  • This logo is great, send me the designers name!

Votes: 1 7.1%

Another shot at a logo...

2283 Views 18 Replies 16 Participants Last post by  Paulie
What do you all think of this modified logo... I posted one about a month ago, had my bro-in-law modify it after taking some of the suggestions into consideration. I am not honestly thrilled with the color combo... but what do YOU think?

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
I think logos should be simple and clean looking. Some of the world's most recognized logos are amazingly simple designs.
Drop every thing except Tillotson Carpentry and change the color in carpentry.

I think you'll have your self a winner.

Now Mine is a little more difficult.
My opinion is that it is too big and too much wasted space.

My eye sees 'ILLOTSON ARPENTRY'.

I hesitate to critique anyone else's logo or web site as I did my own and am not a pro in this field.

Andy.
I like Tillotson Carpentry by itself or maybe, with an outline or partial outline of the house.
I didnt see that at first, now its all I see.
My eye sees 'ILLOTSON ARPENTRY'.
Hmmm... you mean besides it looking like slide from Sex Ed? ;)
Reactions: Celtic
Looks Good but you should have a bare bones simple version of it that is 2 color max done up also. you will find times where the simple logo will be much better than a fancy one with all the colors.
Change the colors Man!
It is hard on the eyes.
The green is ok but the red hurts to look at.
Just my 2 cent.
I agree with the others who suggest that you get rid of the red. How about some brown, i.e. brown = wood = carpentry.

I like your catchphrase: "Quality that Stands the Test of Time."
Re these phrases, I saw one on the side of a hardwood flooring guy's van the other day: "Just say no to rugs!"

Logo Font Text Trademark Brand
Logo Font Illustration Symbol House
Text Logo Font Label Trademark
great catch phrase and logo, but i think the colors are off. just my two cents:whistling
that middle one is it. thats a sharp looking logo
I agree with the others who suggest that you get rid of the red. How about some brown, i.e. brown = wood = carpentry.

I like your catchphrase: "Quality that Stands the Test of Time."
Re these phrases, I saw one on the side of a hardwood flooring guy's van the other day: "Just say no to rugs!"

View attachment 22875 View attachment 22876 View attachment 22877
I'll vote for the middle one if you simplify it by getting rid of the circle.
You mean the ovary? :laughing:

I agree, lose the circle and it's OK.
I'll vote for the middle one if you simplify it by getting rid of the circle.
Sorry I really liked your first effort so this one is a no go for me.

My .02
With the original colors, I wonder how it would look to someone who is red/green color blind (7-10% of men)?
I think the colours are fine. I'm just tired of seeing homes in logos. I have an outline of an oak tree as my logo.

Just my 2 cents.
I'm color blind and I can see it, but that's a good point! I swear I can see red and green but when I take those tests with numbers in all those stupid polka-dots I can't see any of them except the first one. :furious:

www.phbconstruction.com
Whoops, SOT.
With the original colors, I wonder how it would look to someone who is red/green color blind (7-10% of men)?
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.