Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I know how everyone loves these kind of questions so I will tread on thin ice here. Let me know if I am out of line. My wife and I are looking to move to Fort Worth Texas this spring/summer and we are contemplating on buying a home right off the bat, or getting settled in and building a home starting late summer/fall.

My question is, with the economy, housing, new construction, etc. in Fort Worth, is it going to be more economical to buy a newer house or build one?

Eventually we will build a house for ourselves, but do not know how the economy and housing is down there right now.

Can you guys down in that area give me an estimated cost to build the house in the below link? Let's assume the finishes you see in the pics (basic), split unit High efficiency furnace/AC, slab foundation. (What you see there)

copy and paste link below. Click on house image for more pics.

http://ntreislistings.marketlinx.co...asp?EMailKey=67444913&prp=mls&AgentID=0558596

We are going to be focusing on some new techniques in renewable energy, green building, and conservation methods that we have been implementing in the cold climates in CO once we get set up in the DFW area. Let me know if anyone is interested in hearing about this.

Also, any local builders or contractors in the area interested in meeting up in February or March PM me. I want to start building my network down there and meet some new tradesman.

I know this is a touchy topic and please don't write me off here. PM me if you don't want to post it in the thread.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
523 Posts
right now it is less expensive to buy existing in that area ... a few sub-divisions not completed and builders selling off ... you might want to consider areas 1-2 miles south of that location .... south of Debbie Lane ... pm me if you want a private discussion

1 - 3 of 3 Posts