Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I just registered here last night after stumbling upon this website. I am a lead capenter for a Northern New Jersey builder/GC,before that I had my own buisiness but packed it in after about 5 years,I just couldnt take the B.S. anymore.I found It much easier to work my 10 hours a day and be able to turn my phone off. Prior to my own company I worked for family for about 10 years.In all , i've been in the trades for about 20 years.Started as a laborer,and learned as much as I could from everyone along the way.I was lucky enough to work with some realy talented true craftsmen over the years-I believe they are just about all gone now.I dont think I know everything just a lot more than some of these boneheads that come my way and try to pass themselves off as masters of the trade.I currently have 6 guys that work with me .We do larger renovations and additions as well as some new construction and light commercial work.We do all framing and finish work in house as well as a fair amount of roofing and siding.I look forward to sharing some of my experience and hopefully learn a thing or two myself along the way.
Steve

·
4,617 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts