Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Came across this forum from a link from on DIY.com. Some very good info here, thanks. I worked for myself for most of the 1990's through early 2001 doing drywall, taping and finishing, interior painting, and finish carpentry/woodworking. I used to do a lot of repairwork especially walls and ceilings as well as taping and skimcoating.

Getting back into it again after spending the last 4 years building guitars (full time) in my New England shop.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Welcome. Did you build electric or acoustic guitars?

Tim

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Welcome Cubevan, Geetars eh!
Do you do authentic repairs? One of my father's Flamencan guitars is becoming a bit unglued and the back is beginning to split. It is a 1964 Manuel Diaz built by Gomerez.
BTW, I play Flamencan and bluegrass, geetar and banjo (5 string). My son will be playing Bill Hayley's part when the Comets go on tour early next year. He also collects early Strats, has one of Jimmy Paige's old ones.
Any leads on old Brazilian Rosewood? We are trying to find some for a father/son project, neck material. Can go with just the fretboard too but would prefer solid. Somebody with an old stash would be perfect.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Teetorbilt said:
Welcome Cubevan, Geetars eh!
Do you do authentic repairs? One of my father's Flamencan guitars is becoming a bit unglued and the back is beginning to split. It is a 1964 Manuel Diaz built by Gomerez.
BTW, I play Flamencan and bluegrass, geetar and banjo (5 string). My son will be playing Bill Hayley's part when the Comets go on tour early next year. He also collects early Strats, has one of Jimmy Paige's old ones.
Any leads on old Brazilian Rosewood? We are trying to find some for a father/son project, neck material. Can go with just the fretboard too but would prefer solid. Somebody with an old stash would be perfect.
Thanks for the welcome. Don't hear about too many builders using Brazilian Rosewood for necks (mostly sides and backs). It is still available but very expensive. Maybe a google search might be helpful. I build and work on resonator guitars (sometimes called Dobros)

http://mckennaguitars.com

1 - 9 of 9 Posts