Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope I am doing this right! It was suggested that I introduce myself to the forum.

Well......... Hello and my name is Joe Sherman and I reside in the Tampa Bay area.

My brother in law and I have been investing in real estate for some time now. We are not licensed contractors although my brother in law is getting ready to take the GC exam. We are just a couple of Joes that bought up a bunch of real estate, fixed it up and made rentals.

We have changed up our business strategy. We have put all of our focus into property preservation, and all that that entails! Stuff simple like lock changes to inspections, trash outs, board ups, emergency repairs, grass cutting and bushogging.

Not making the big $$$ yet, but can see the potential there. Wondering anyone else is doing this business? How long, etc.

Although it is pretty simple now, we have a website that shows the kind of work we have done and continue to do.

Thanks for letting me intro myself. Wishing everyone the very best this fall and into 2010!
Joe Sherman
[email protected]
:party:

·
Pompass Ass
2,090 Posts
Hope I am doing this right! It was suggested that I introduce myself to the forum.

Well......... Hello and my name is Joe Sherman and I reside in the Tampa Bay area.

My brother in law and I have been investing in real estate for some time now. We are not licensed contractors although my brother in law is getting ready to take the GC exam. We are just a couple of Joes that bought up a bunch of real estate, fixed it up and made rentals.

We have changed up our business strategy. We have put all of our focus into property preservation, and all that that entails! Stuff simple like lock changes to inspections, trash outs, board ups, emergency repairs, grass cutting and bushogging.

Not making the big $$$ yet, but can see the potential there. Wondering anyone else is doing this business? How long, etc.

Although it is pretty simple now, we have a website that shows the kind of work we have done and continue to do.

Thanks for letting me intro myself. Wishing everyone the very best this fall and into 2010!
Joe Sherman
[email protected]
:party:
:eek:

Welcome to CT:thumbsup:

·
Pompass Ass
2,090 Posts
Good luck to you and your brother in law!!

If you ever need a drywall contractor I'm in Pinellas too!
Keith, this is funny, one unlicensed contractor trying to get work from another unlicensed contractor.:thumbup:

I hope the CILB doesn't find out you are contracting without a license while you have an application for a specialty contractors license pending.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Keith, this is funny, one unlicensed contractor trying to get work from another unlicensed contractor.:thumbup:

I hope the CILB doesn't find out you are contracting without a license while you have an application for a specialty contractors license pending.

I hope your a better contractor than a detective cause I am a Licensed contractor- registered specialty contractor for Pinellas County.

You should find out the facts before you insert your foot in your mouth:clap:

·
KemoSabe
14,233 Posts
Welcome to the site. You'll find alot of good information here, you'll just have to put up with some useless garbage along with it.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hi Joe, good to see another Florida person here.

Also, do the workers and contractors a solid and don't take advantage of them in this economy. Pay the people prevailing skilled wages of their trade when they reno you investments.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks!!

Thank you all for the kind words! It is a freaking tough market out there (duh...). And I enjoy the advice from people here. There are a lot of smart people on this board.

Joe
[email protected]

I cannot put my website up because I am a newbe, but you can figure it out from my email address! Check it out!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts