Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really needed to have this finished by now. The temps in the high 90's, thunderstorms most afternoons, and rained out four days already. The weather is really making this job a challenge, to say the least.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The little bump out on this end, in the last picture is a nook for the bathtub. It does get a framed chimney with cultured stone more towards the back of the house.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
We have dirt, its brown and black....not on the beaches of course. And we use block on all foundations. For slabs we use shoe block perimeters, something thats unique as far as my travels have gone.
I was just giving you a hard time about the beach :thumbsup: what are you calling shoe block? Is it like a header block ?

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah, we call them header block. I buy mine from Martinsville Concrete Products, in Martinsville VA. We use them mostly on commercial, or garages, where they pour a slab before building.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Yeah, we call them header block. I buy mine from Martinsville Concrete Products, in Martinsville VA. We use them mostly on commercial, or garages, where they pour a slab before building.
We don't use them on garages, slabs are installed inside of a 8" core filled foundation and slab is floating and pitched towards door. That clay would bother me to build on, not only messy but expansive soils.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts