Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Atlanta Remodeling
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2000 FORD E-150 VAN up for grabs, - $2200 (gainesville ga 30501 )

Date: 2009-07-12, 9:43AM EDT

This van has a value of $2200.00 (we can send more pic and more info about the van to interested parties)

We are willing to work someone at a rate of $10.00 per hour until the van is paid for then we hand u over the title.

Being here does not mean your on the clock,
Its timed when your actually doing something productive / making progress.

talking about what were going to do is on our own time.

U must show pictures of jobs u have done
U must provide NON-FRIENDS & NON-FAMILY refrences

We prefer an older person with ethics and honesty and knows how to do something right. (we have had our share of want-to-be's)

WORK WOULD CONSIST OF;

Plumbing
Electircal
Building bedroom in basement (2 walls) (closet) (1 door)
Building 2 bathroom walls,
Installing prefab Walkin shower unit.
Mowing / weedeating
Cleaning Gutters 9includs hoseing them out.
Painting
Installing 1 walk-in-door in bldg
Installing 1 gaurage door in bldg
Installing our oven in the cabinet hole
Installing our New dishwasher
Installing a shower pan in tile shower that has not been used in over 7 years.
Putting some wirings in a ditch, ditch will have to be cleaned out first where dirt got back into the ditch from rains, and the wire place neatly back into the ditch.

·
Capra Aegagrus
Remodeler
25,222 Posts
We are willing to work someone at a rate of $10.00 per hour until the van is paid for then we hand u over the title.
Hah! Ironically, I just finished outfitting a van for work that I got from a friend for the same deal. Only difference is that he already signed the title over, and he's going to get a LOT less than 220 hours of work. :no:

·
Registered
738 Posts

This van has a value of $2200.00 (we can send more pic and more info about the van to interested parties)

We prefer an older person with ethics and honesty and knows how to do something right. (we have had our share of want-to-be's)

WORK WOULD CONSIST OF;

Plumbing
Electircal
Mowing / weedeating
Painting
Putting some wirings in a ditch, ditch will have to be cleaned out first where dirt got back into the ditch from rains, and the wire place neatly back into the ditch.
cant see the forest cause of the trees:rolleyes:

·
ampman
783 Posts

WORK WOULD CONSIST OF;

Plumbing
Electircal
Mowing / weedeating
Painting
"put some wirings in a ditch will have to be cleaned out first where dirt got back into ditch from rains and the wire place neatly back into the ditch" damn is that how it's done

·
Registered
960 Posts
Its OK, I read that God protects fools and children, so they'll be allright.

If anyone takes this job you only get paid for being productive, so that means no potty breaks:eek:
I heard of a carpenter that poohs at the bottom of the ladder and gets right back to work...............he'll do nicely in this situation :shifty:

·
Registered
43 Posts
So he wants someone with years of experience to work for $10.00/hr? I pity the fool!
And 220/40=5.5 weeks for a stupid van?:w00t:

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
The van is already wrecked & hidden somewhere !!.. You won't see its condition.. until AFTER you finish the work for him! (do we have a dead deal?) :whistling

·
Smart phone? Scan me!
2,137 Posts
this wreeks of next weeks headline "craigs list is in the news again, this time for a man promising a van for work done on his house, he thought he was slick but ended up getting a bullet in his forehead."

Eff that guy.

·
Registered
16,403 Posts
I still love this bit.

"We prefer an older person with ethics and honesty and knows how to do something right. (we have had our share of want-to-be's) "

Well i will be honest and tell you that you aint gonna get 1/10th of that list done for what you are offering and there's you going on about ethics.

·
Smart phone? Scan me!
2,137 Posts
so who decides what is foward progress? Seriously? So would taking the dirt out of ditch actually not count cause it happened after the ditch was dug or a side effect from something else so no credit toward foward progress till you get it back to square one? This dude needs and arse whippin.

·
Banned
846 Posts
I'll teach the guy an English class for $2200.

English is my second language and I read, speak, and write it reasonably well. If this guy is an American then I want a refund on all the classes I took to get Citizenship.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts