Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We have an exciting new contest coming up, sponsored by Progressive Insurance!

It starts Monday, July 7th. You’re going to love the prizes, all $1,250 worth!

How it will work:

- There will be one question asked each week for 4 weeks.

- Each question will have its own thread. Only one response per member is allowed per contest thread.

- Winners will be selected at random from the replies in the contest question threads.

- A member can win more than one week.

- You must be 21 years of age or older, a legal resident of the United States or the District of Columbia and a registered member of ContractorTalk.com to enter. Employees of Sponsor, Administrator, and its and their subsidiaries and affiliates, print production agencies or any other person or company connected with the production or distribution of this Promotion and the immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where they live) or persons living in the same households of such employees, whether or not related, of the foregoing, are not eligible to enter or to be awarded a prize. This Contest is void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited by law.

What are the prizes? You’ll find out next week! ;)

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
suweet! a contest a mod cant win, ha I can get all over that!

Heres hoping at least one question pertains to paint/ drywall so I can have a chance...
The rules state the winner will be chosen randomly. Looks to me like everyone has the same chance regardless of how "correct" the post.

·
Accidental Painter
2,292 Posts
Well, take the fein contest for example. Some trades have no need for a tool like that. Then the next "contest" a.k.a Contractor of the month. Well we all know the first year or so the mods are gonna win, maybe a non mod here and there, but the mods will dominate that contest until they run out.

I'm just rooting for the little guys. Nothing against the mods, just calling it as I am seeing it. To me, if your a mod you shouldn't get to be in a contest at all.

·
Super Moderator
10,666 Posts
Well, take the fein contest for example. Some trades have no need for a tool like that. Then the next "contest" a.k.a Contractor of the month. Well we all know the first year or so the mods are gonna win, maybe a non mod here and there, but the mods will dominate that contest until they run out.

I'm just rooting for the little guys. Nothing against the mods, just calling it as I am seeing it. To me, if your a mod you shouldn't get to be in a contest at all.
A mod is just a regular member who has more responsibility and zero compensation. Prior to my modship, I had a great deal of respect for them. Now I truly understand how committed and helpful they actually are.

We did not conspire to dominate the contractor of the month initial contest. It was thrust upon us and we were guinea pigs. The votes in the last contest had nothing to do with John being a mod

1 - 12 of 12 Posts