Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if anyone has used the Ankar firebrick from Indonesia....I have a customer whose architect has called for these....I have been told they are around $5 per, and only 1" high so it is going to be expensive....Rhodes Architectural Stone is the supplier...couple of interesting fireplaces on their site....

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LEED certification...hmmm...never even thought about that until you mention it here...I think I will look into that, although bringing in bricks from Indonesia will probably be a 3 pt. deduction..?... Yeah CJ, it is out of control, though it is coming back to earth now...An absolute piece of junk on a quarter acre would have set you back about 900g couple of years back....you could get it for about 5-650 now...The road I'll be building this chimney on is overlooking the ocean, next stop Spain...this is on the water side, so prices run from 4-14 million....other side of the street is much more reasonable, at maybe 1.75-4 mil.....it's ridiculous; there is currently a chimney with 1 fireplace here, I will take it down (it is about 6 years old, with NO use) and build the new one, facing east as opposed to north as it now stands....I'll get some photos...ps...is Ivoryton part of Essex?

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah.....my brother did an addition on the library, and I gave up my fourth of July weekend to help him a couple of years back....it's a beautiful town for sure, and you don't need a boat to get there.....

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
Yeah.....my brother did an addition on the library, and I gave up my fourth of July weekend to help him a couple of years back....it's a beautiful town for sure, and you don't need a boat to get there.....

Did you come back for the repair? Some old guy was parking and hit the gas instead of the brake trick. Lucky no one was in the way. Nice 5'X10' hole in the side of the veneer.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not there for the repair....I only go to my brother's jobs when he is getting killed, which I think happened there...helped him on the Durham library as well, so I know he took a beating there too....He's on his own this year.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts