1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Have Trowel, Do travel
909 Posts
do it in stone

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Bump up above the top of the window to make the gutter line the same as the house. Then build a similar roof to what is there. Use a freeze board to take up the space between the window and the gutter.
A perfect solution....

·
Registered
4,858 Posts
lol! Man, a great way to wake up on a non work day after only one cup of coffee, a good laugh. If warren's idea won't work or they don't want to spend that much, I'd put a sombrero on the peak and call it good.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
I remember my first bay window. Deep inside that roofing mess you will find other supporting mechanisms. Ever think of dropping the line... I'm way too busy here are a couple other names?

·
Super Moderator
10,605 Posts
There wont be much weight on the finished roof. You could run some jacks under the ridge back to the existing header. We can't see from the pic what is supporting underneath.

·
Super Moderator
10,605 Posts
How about extending the rafter tails to clear the face of the bay, and then jack the bay up right underneath the new soffit?
That will probably put the window head height at a weird height. Are they at the same header height as the rest of the house now?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts