Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
John Hyatt
3,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The little girl pitching me Will not give it up !

I have no intention of adverting with them ever. Saying this to Her 50 times or so has no effect. But I understand that.
\
What is really getting to me is I got a review for Surveying. I don't do that. Some how it got put on my job list this last year. They will not take it off even though its total bogus. I got a call today for a gps layout of his property. It was all their doing but they will not admit it.

I am beginning to really hate them. Completely one sided outfit.

J.

·
Premium Member
Retired deck builder
4,986 Posts
Somehow I got listed on there years ago & have had a few other A rated reviews since then. I have gotten some nice leads from their site that turned into sales.

Next thing you know the damn sales reps is calling non stop & tells me how a competitor is raking it in from their leads. Ok I ask what's it cost to get listed at the top in Austin, $700.00 per month, click. He persisted for awhile then finally I said something that made him quit calling, forgot what I said tho. I have been known to be quite rude to those folks so I'm sure it wasn't nice.

If you get listed fine, take whatever leads come free. To pay them, no way.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I put my info on there for free advertising and have reviews on there, but I don't even come up in a search. I assume its because I told them I would never pay them for advertising.

·
Head Light Bulb Changer
847 Posts
Ok I ask what's it cost to get listed at the top in Austin, $700.00 per month
But 'Angie' herself says on their TV ads that "No one pays to be on our service" or some such BS. They are so full of chit. I can't wait til (when) they get sued and their whole scheme gets exposed for the racket it is. They sent me an email a couple of years ago and I responded 'not so nicely'. Since then I keep getting emails from them for 'BIG DISCOUNTS IF YOU JOIN TODAY' type crap. My mom used them for a small 1/2 bath paint job (I couldn't do it right away and she's a very impatient person.). Well the painter did a crappy job and was livid that she gave him a bad rating. What the hell did anyone expect for a $100 bath paint-job?

So...NAY!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Total. No.

I have asked to be removed from reviews from clients. And asked my clients not to use that service with my name.

·
Talking Head
5,388 Posts
What is really getting to me is I got a review for Surveying. I don't do that. Some how it got put on my job list this last year. They will not take it off even though its total bogus. I got a call today for a gps layout of his property. It was all their doing but they will not admit it.

I am beginning to really hate them. Completely one sided outfit.

J.
Same crap with me. I fix one gutter for a lady I know and I'm still getting calls for gutters 5 years later.

Oh, and this thread is

·
John the Builder
16,993 Posts
Same crap with me. I fix one gutter for a lady I know and I'm still getting calls for gutters 5 years later.

Oh, and this thread is
No opinion, but I'm stealing the pic....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts