Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Boondockian
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I picked up a small android tablet(4.3" Stealth Trio) last fall from Walmart and got the extra warranty. I managed to smash the screen in my sleep one night and have sent it back under the warranty. Since it was lass than $150, they sent me a gift card for the purchase price instead of repairing it.

I'm looking at adding a bit of money to the card and getting something a little better this time. Problems I had with the old one were the screen as too small and it was too slow for my liking. Obviously since its a Walmrt gift card, I'm limited to what they offer.

Things I would like to be able to do are read books, track personal financials, work log, Youtube.

Here are the models I'm looking at:
FileMate Clear X4 7" Quad-Core Tablet with IPS Display & 16GB Memory
Nextbook 8" Dual Core Tablet with 8GB Memory
HP 7" Tablet Intel Atom Processor
TRIO Stealth C2 10.1" Tablet Dual Core with 16GB Memory

Any other suggestions?

·
Talking Head
5,388 Posts
Samsung Galaxy Tab 7 should do the trick for you. Quite a bit bigger but no where near as big as a 10. The price tag is usually around $180-200.

The Tab 8 and 10 have better specs and a couple nice features but they cost a fair bit more too. The 7" size is great for reading.

·
Registered
12,380 Posts
I have an Asus TF-300 10 incher and many times I wish it was a 7 incher. Watching movies on the road is great with the big tablets, but it is too big to do any work in my truck.

·
Registered
12,380 Posts
I think it is amazing how low the prices suddenly got. When a useable tablet gets to 70 bucks or so, it becomes where you just pick one up when you're bored on the road.

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
I wouldn't recommend the Stealth Trio 10.1. I had trouble with the touchscreen and, after reading reviews, alot of people are currently having trouble.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts