Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a strong way to attach the trim stools for Andersons? I usually angle a couple trim nails through the tongue, then shoot a couple of brads down into my apron trim and up into my leg casing.

It ends up okay but I thinking there must be a better way to attach it without relying on the surround trim. More so with oversized sills or 5/4

·
Registered
749 Posts
I'm guessing the windows have extension jambs? I would order them without and make your own with the stool incorporated. I've never done Anderson's, but have done this with Hurds and Pellas. Otherwise, with extension jambs, have biscuited jamb and stool, while screw/plug into framing. Could also pocket screw apron to stool then attach as one unit.

·
Registered
13,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do the pocket screws with casement extension jambs but it doesnt work with the stools.

·
trim carpenter/remodeler
601 Posts
If you have any extension jambs, screw through the stool from underneath. Open the lower sash and nail into the stool through the sill stop w/ 18ga. Nail stool into the casing from underneath, then nail into the apron from the top last. If the sill stops are wood, glue is always good.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts