Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Nearly did but at last min changed to E series and its my first time installing these. And I ain't that impressed. Sash drift is awful and its impossible to lock them. Putting them in now and at $3.5k a window and over 80 windows to do they should be much better quality I think.
I'm sorry, did you you really mean $3,500.00 a window?

·
Registered
16,403 Posts
WarnerConstInc. said:
I have had some 120" wide by 72" tall or so 400's, but they were no where close to 3500 each.
These are 69wx74h on average. They are made to within 1/8th sizes so the custom size up charge was massive. The sash is one unit at that width too. Very heavy window to flip out or lift in. One balance spring already gave out.

·
Registered
477 Posts
1/8" is custom? Seems like that should be the standard.

Still seems high, but you know what, if someone wanted to pay me 3.5k for a window, by all means, pay me!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've installed several hundred Andersen patio doors over the years and can't say I've ever seen one that wouldn't close from the outside snugly enough to seal, at least loosely. True, they don't latch from the outside, but they are patio doors, not entry doors.

As for their hinged patio doors, lifting the handle engages the 3-point locking system, which I think is a great feature.

Dollar for dollar, I feel Andersen is of good quality and really like the appearance, fit and finish.👍
ok so I know your post was several years ago but I’m hoping you’re still there. I am a homeowner working with a small local contractor on an addition to our house. We have a 400 series Anderson hinged patio door that currently swings out into our 3 season porch. We are tearing down the porch and putting the addition there. The patio door will be removed and that will just be open but we’d like to reuse it as an exterior door on the front of the addition. Problem is we need it to swing IN, not OUT as it does now. Can this be swapped around somehow? I thought we could just turn it to face out and swap to handles so the latch is inside and the key slot is outside. Possible? Advisable?

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
ok so I know your post was several years ago but I’m hoping you’re still there. I am a homeowner working with a small local contractor on an addition to our house. We have a 400 series Anderson hinged patio door that currently swings out into our 3 season porch. We are tearing down the porch and putting the addition there. The patio door will be removed and that will just be open but we’d like to reuse it as an exterior door on the front of the addition. Problem is we need it to swing IN, not OUT as it does now. Can this be swapped around somehow? I thought we could just turn it to face out and swap to handles so the latch is inside and the key slot is outside. Possible? Advisable?
This site is for professional contractors visit DIY Home Improvement Forum

41 - 57 of 57 Posts