Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all
I am about to pick new windows for my house. I thought I had made my decision on the andersen until i looked at the Trimline windows.
The person I spoke with sells both, and says the trim lines are just as good as Andersen and at a lower price. I have known this person for 30 years and he runs a local supply house.
Any opinions or experience.
I am replacing entire windows, not doing replacements, with a mix of casement and double hung.
Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Tim

·
Registered
74 Posts
Trimline is regional wood clad manufacturer based out of PA. The local Alside supply house offers them in addition to several local lumberyards. I used to be a dealer for them, however I've only sold one project with them. They glaze their IG's with Super Spacer and for a long term were pretty much the only local wood product that I could get as a pocket insert 3.25" window in custom sizing. Decent product that tilts just like a vinyl offering.

The biggest lumberyard in Delaware that also carries Andersen and Eagle did Trimline forever until they had a some warranty problems that Trimline wouldn't honor. They cut ties with them. Sorry, couldn't get the nitty gritty details so gauge both stories. I'd take an upper end Andersen or Marvin product over Trimline.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Unless things have changed from the last time I used trimlines (several years), their new construction window has brick mold attached to the exterior as opposed to a nailing flange. I don't really like this because it makes flashing a little more complicated/difficult.

When you say Andersen 400, are you talking about the tilt-wash or the wood wright? Wood wright is a step above the tilt wash and I think look much nicer. That's what I just ordered for my house.

Also, Andersen offers the A series, which is comparable to Marvin's top window. I do not like the Marvin Integrity windows, which are more comparable to the Andersen tilt-wash windows.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the replies

The Trimlines have a nailing flange. The Andersen double hungs are the tilt and wash.
After looking at the tilt and wash and woodwright, i like the woodwrights.
Seems like a much nicer window.
The thing that concerns me the most is the cladding. I have heard about the rotting under it and am concerned about that.

Tim

·
Always Learning
8,720 Posts
insane said:
Thanks for the replies

The Trimlines have a nailing flange. The Andersen double hungs are the tilt and wash.
After looking at the tilt and wash and woodwright, i like the woodwrights.
Seems like a much nicer window.
The thing that concerns me the most is the cladding. I have heard about the rotting under it and am concerned about that.

Tim
The Woodwrights are awesome! Check out the E-series too. They have an extrusion cladding vs. a "wrapped" clad. The A-series are also very nice and their exterior is fiberglass.

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
Hello all
I am about to pick new windows for my house. I thought I had made my decision on the andersen until i looked at the Trimline windows.
The person I spoke with sells both, and says the trim lines are just as good as Andersen and at a lower price. I have known this person for 30 years and he runs a local supply house.
Any opinions or experience.
I am replacing entire windows, not doing replacements, with a mix of casement and double hung.
Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Tim
I've installed quit a few http://www.trimlinewindows.com historic and non. They really are nice. local company to me. my local window guy turned me on to them. he loves them over any of the name brands. great seal, very well built. I did a few anderson 400. They where nice too but trim line was a heavier more solid feeling and metal clad which is is better then vinyl clad anderson. good luck. I just sent out a list for my house which is an 1845 old church rectory. I have several 36w x 90H. numbers came back for jledwen there top of the line metal clad wood interior there neck in neck with marvin. 8 windows are 9k I almost chit my paints. waiting on trim line. that's just for the 1st floor. I have 18 more on the 2nd and 3rd for.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
There's just something about Andersen's vinyl cladding. I don't know maybe its just me. Other than that they seem like a decent window.
I did get a price on Eagles, love them, but at 26k for 12 windows and a slider it's out of the question. I did include cherry interior and other options.
Well I guess I can dream.
The Marvin's have me curious, maybe i'll go look at them tomorrow.

Tim

·
Registered
17,271 Posts
vinyl clad has had it's issues for sure but most of those have been from exposed wood at the sill ends and unprotected miters at the head,they have been corrected

1 - 16 of 16 Posts